New member intro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddyRascal

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I just found this group and am trying to do all the right steps to be a good member. I have an 08 FJR that picked up about 8 years ago. Prior to that I had an 86 FJ1200 that I had a 1400cc Wiseco big bore kit in. It was a great toy but due to a screw up by a local mechanic on the machining, it wasn't very reliable on longer rides. I was a professional motorcycle mechanic for 5 years back in the late 80s and early 90s but the season was too short to make a solid year round living in the small shop I worked at and I kinda fell into a job at a pawnshop and have been working there for just over 30 years now. I live in the Northwest corner of the US in Bellingham, WA. I am 8 miles from the Canadian Border and right on the Puget Sound which is a branch off the Pacific Ocean. I hope this short blurb is sufficient intro, as I have never done one of these before. I hope to get lots of good FJR specific knowledge here and look forward to interacting with the group.

Glad you found us. We're one of the earliest forums for the FJR that popped up when it reached our shores. Wander around the tech sections. I suspect that everyone who has contributed over the years has something out there that you can use.

Spent a bit at Northwest College over in Kirkland, have a brother that lives in the greater Seattle area for about 20 years and made tons of IBA friends in the area over the years.

Lovely place when it's not-quite-soaked (don't remember it ever being "not wet" much less "dry"). 🤝

Welcome from central Or. I lived on San Juan island for 30 years . Lots of good info here and you have a large number of members in Puget sound.

Check out the travel section for the Reuben Run in September. There is always a large group from Wa. headed this way fur the fun.  

Welcome from the east-side foothills! We've got a great group in the metro area. Be sure and check out the PNW specific forum section for local information and especially our most excellent Tech Day. Hopefully held again one day...

~G