new member OBX area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaskeet

Reaction score
I am 62 and a retired sailor (Naval Aviation electronics tech ) I rode most of my live until about 7 years ago when I had a inner ear that caused dizziness. the doctors said it would not ever go away so I Sold my 2004 Concours 1000 and stopped riding well I have not had any problems with my ear for the last 3-4 years and I am getting back into riding I bought a 1985 V65 Sabre and I am back to riding it. I just made a agreement with a good friend to buy his 2010 FJR with 70,000 miles for $2000. many people did not want it as he did not have most of the maintenance done by the dealer (he did the maintenance) I know how he is and in my eyes it has had better service than many dealer serviced bikes (He is also retired Naval aviation) I was a member of the USN shooting team (skeet) in the 90's. I am still a competitive shooter V65.1.jpg

Welcome from metro Seattle! Sounds like you found a great deal on the FJR. With minor maintenance, FJRs will run a long time, especially if they're kept up by a loving owner. Enjoy!

~G

Hello and welcome to FJR, and enjoy the forum. That sounds like a good deal. Keep us posted?

I am 62 and a retired sailor (Naval Aviation electronics tech ) I rode most of my live until about 7 years ago when I had a inner ear that caused dizziness. the doctors said it would not ever go away so I Sold my 2004 Concours 1000 and stopped riding well I have not had any problems with my ear for the last 3-4 years and I am getting back into riding I bought a 1985 V65 Sabre and I am back to riding it. I just made a agreement with a good friend to buy his 2010 FJR with 70,000 miles for $2000. many people did not want it as he did not have most of the maintenance done by the dealer (he did the maintenance) I know how he is and in my eyes it has had better service than many dealer serviced bikes (He is also retired Naval aviation) I was a member of the USN shooting team (skeet) in the 90's. I am still a competitive shooter View attachment 1851
Welcome from OKC.