• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Member seeks replacement bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niterider

Reaction score
Had my 2008 FJR since March 2010, put on over 14,000 miles, can't let it rest, Great Bike. Just lost the left Saddlebag on a trip from south of Chicago to Lake Geneva Wi. Did the loctite to the locks but never drilled out front guides over rubber bushing to add locking pin, will do this when I get the new bag. I was really bummed when I arrived at my destination. Now looking for a new left bag, used at a good price, somewhat scratched O.K. for a good price. I decided even though my bike is black, I'm going to have a graffiti artist airbrush the left back w/some wild graphics!

Thanks

Niterider

Sucks about the bag... might want to check the other one. I posted up about the internals and how the mechanism works ... Side Case Surgery!

I'm really thinking we need to start a poll to find out how many of these things have departed in flight.

Griff

Sucks about the bag... might want to check the other one. I posted up about the internals and how the mechanism works ... Side Case Surgery!
I'm really thinking we need to start a poll to find out how many of these things have departed in flight.

Griff

I think someone should tally lost bags, and get mama yama to replace some of them, this seems to be the major recurring issue w/this bike, maybe a recall to change the mechanism to something heavier duty.

Andy

i have a left bag off of a 2005. its blue and in great shape, minus a few scuffs on the outside. also it smells new on the inside still. my email is [email protected]/ 6168213603. let me know if your interested or want to see a pic. also make an offer please.

thanks

andrew

Had my 2008 FJR since March 2010, put on over 14,000 miles, can't let it rest, Great Bike. Just lost the left Saddlebag on a trip from south of Chicago to Lake Geneva Wi. Did the loctite to the locks but never drilled out front guides over rubber bushing to add locking pin, will do this when I get the new bag. I was really bummed when I arrived at my destination. Now looking for a new left bag, used at a good price, somewhat scratched O.K. for a good price. I decided even though my bike is black, I'm going to have a graffiti artist airbrush the left back w/some wild graphics!Thanks

Niterider
Take a look at these and if you can work with one, make an offer.

Craig