New member, used fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerickE

Reaction score
Hello all, I've purchased a 2012 FJR here this week and I'm looking forward to it. Been looking to modernize a bit and was torn between the FJR and the Concours 14. I'm sure I'll be around looking for tech help and other hints to make the bike better and better.

Other ponies in the stable:

2006 Honda Goldwing
2006 Kawi Concours (C10)

Love following those communities at gl1800riders and zggtr.org find lots of value in their expertise and experience.
I also run motocampers.com, so if you like camping on your bikes come check that place out - lots of good people.

Welcome. Have you decided which to modernize?

Well by modernize I mean get something that's newer and has more features. I think the FJR might not be the best in that regard. It's a pretty simple bike, with no real fancy bells and whistles. Which, is fine by me really...I dont need fancy. I want fun and reliable. The ABS was a nice feature though.

The other steeds will likely remain in the stable as well. The concours isn't worth squat...so it's worth more to me in sentimental value than cash....and the goldwing, well since I sold my timeout camper, I think its days may be numbered. It was never really that comfortable for me. I had it really solely for use with a passenger and the camper. Both are gone now, so I dont have much of a need for it.