• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale New never mounted Shad Aluminum mounting plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VAcracker

Reaction score
Last edited:
Hi.
Im interested, but have a few questions since im not very familiar with the shad systems.
I have an SH50 from a friend. It does not have the shad mounting plate.
i have a gen 1 fjr with the factory rear rack.

Will the sh50 fit dirwctly on this mount?
Does this replace the missing shad mount?
Does it just bolt directly to the gen 1 factory rack? Or do I need a "fitment plate" in addition to this?

Thank you.

Hi.
Im interested, but have a few questions since im not very familiar with the shad systems.
I have an SH50 from a friend. It does not have the shad mounting plate.
i have a gen 1 fjr with the factory rear rack.

Will the sh50 fit dirwctly on this mount?
Does this replace the missing shad mount?
Does it just bolt directly to the gen 1 factory rack? Or do I need a "fitment plate" in addition to this?

Thank you.
From what I see it looks like it appears this will work with your SH50. But you may wish to double check yourself.

If you do not get the SHAD mounting kit. I would recommend you consider making sure you have or get the upgraded Yamaha rear carrier. I have one on both our FJRs. Believe they recommend this for their 50l case. It provides improved sturdiness over all but isn’t cheap.

https://www.partzilla.com/search?q=1MC-F48D0-V0-00+REAR+CARRIER+KIT+FJR1300+&ui=typeahead

What year FJR is this for?

It’s a universal mount. If you have a Shad mounting system it should bolt up. Otherwise you should be able to bolt it an existing luggage rack with your own ingenuity.

I have Gen3 but imagine it will work for any. It was suggested to me by another forum member.

I also have a stealth back rest for when the trunk is not installed. So i felt it was easier to use a different mounting plate.

This is still available. If you are interested reach out with a reasonable offer for this new and never installed item.

It is a universal fit item.

D1BTRPA: Made of solid 5mm aluminium, laser cut, that allows an innovative and functional design: better integration on the bike and additional tiedown points to carry extra cargo. Designed and made in Barcelona, it can be used with the top cases of the SHAD TERRA range (TR48, TR37) and with SH59X, SH58X, SH50 and SH48.