New OCC Shuttle Tribute Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing THAT bike has in common with the REAL, NASA ride, is that they both have open exhaust pipes, they both draw a large crowd, and they BOTH require a HUGE transporter to get them out of their GARAGE!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

..., and they BOTH require a HUGE transporter to get them out of their GARAGE!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
:clap: :D :haha:

And they both require months of maintance time between rides.

Painters make any bike lot better than the under lying welds and such. Body filler and liquid weld goes a long way :D

say what you might ... but those guys hit the jack pot with that show they are all over the place .. i really think they are whores with ther faces everywhere .but i guess you got to hit while the iron is hot .they must have a ton of cash .

Last edited by a moderator:
American Capitalism at its best! Proven in Orange County, NY.

Cha Ching!

:aarock: Paul sr.

:agent: Paul

:lazy: and of course, Mikey!

say what you might ... but those guys hit the jack pot with that show they are all over the place .. i really think they are whores with ther faces everywhere .but i guess you got to hit while the iron is hot .they must have a ton of cash .
Yea, Senior used his retirement to invest in the bike shop. I suspect a lot of his retirement was also spent on marketing and advertisement and trying to get this show going.

I use to love watching it. The welding and fabrication was interesting to me but the bikes soon got to be rediculous and the fabrication was less and less theirs. The frames, tank, and for a long time wheels were all someone elses. The paint work, which to me, makes all of their bikes someone elses.

I wish the show Jessie James did was more on bikes than monster garage because he at least did all his frames, tanks etc but by the time we heard of him really he was pretty much done with bike building...

Excellent use of smilies, Toynut!

Thanks kindly, TWN.

Momma is so proud of me!! (Adam Sandler/The Waterboy)

Yuck, Yuck :blush2:

I watch OCC. I like Mikey. Hey let's get mikey...he won't do it, he hates everything...hey he likes it! Hey Mikey!

Anyway, I do like Mike and Vinny and pops and Paulie needs an ass whuppin.

Some of their bikes have been cool enough for me to ride here and there, but that shuttle bike sucks

Oh well...and in terms of the shuttle, I just want to say that in it's day of creation, it was an incredible success. No other country has come up with anything close (although the Russians version is rusting right now...it didn't ever fly did it?)

The Shuttle does deserve its place in history as a great achievement by the US. I"m pretty sure that it deserves something better than a OCC bike in its honor ;-)

The Russian shuttle (Buran) flew once in 1988, circled the earth twice, and was totally controlled on autopilot. It's been in mothballs ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes watch the show. I do not like the 'reality' part of it and I especially don't enjoy the staged family fighting and yelling. I do enjoy watching how they fabricate some of the parts and a lot of their bikes look very nice. Not sure I like the shuttle bike as much as some of the others. I think of these bikes as rolling art and not motorcycles that anyone would enjoy actually riding.

I did take a ride on a chopper about 25 years ago. Went about a mile and turned around and took it back to it's owner. Not fun to ride and especially not fun to turn.

I do enjoy the loping sound of a Harley when it has mufflers on it. Can't stand the loud ones.

Paint an FJR in white, thow in some grey lines and some fake rivets for effect, and ... viola!!! the ultimate tribute to the shuttle. With the G-forces and all ;)

Paint an FJR in white, thow in some grey lines and some fake rivets for effect, and ... viola!!! the ultimate tribute to the shuttle. With the G-forces and all ;)
Snigger! :D

Hey, did you get your truck released from the Pasadena auto prison yet?

Nah, you need a cheap-ass cheezey looking vertical stabalizer as well. :p