New Orleans Powersports & Yamaha Customer Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimsailor00

Reaction score
Here's a rundown of my experience with New Orleans Powersports.

2 weeks prior to appointment I call about the Grounding Harness recall. They schedule the appointment and tell me htat they have the part in stock. They also tell me that this fix requires ~6 hours so I would need to arrange transportation after dropping the motorcycle off.

On the day of the appointment I arrange to have my wife follow me to the shop so I have a ride back home. Since she works on Fridays and Saturdays she had to make up 2 hours of work because she was late. I later got home and I got a call from teh dealership. "We're sorry, we thought that we had hte part in stock but we do not. We can order the part and finish this on Tuesday so you can pick it up Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning." Since this is my daily rider and hte only thing I can ride to work I refused the extended stay and would get my motorcycle when I could get a ride.

I called Yamaha Customer Service. They were sympathetic to my plight but, in reality, there was nothing they could do. So I went o get my bike.

When I picked it up they said the only way they would release the motorcycle that I own outright (with title) was TO SIGN A LIABILITY WAIVER NOTATING THAT THEY WERE NOT LIABLE! Needless to say I refused to sign and demended my keys, which I was given. Now I cannot get the wife off of work to take me back to the dealership, and I cannot get the dealership or yamaha to meet me halfway with some form of transportation option, so I conti9nue to ride a motorcycle that is at risk of a fire because New Orleans Powersports and Yamaha don't care.

I'd write a letter to the CEO of Yamaha if I knew where to send it.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamaha Customer Service has now told me that this is an issue between myself and New Orleans Powersports and there is nothing they are going to do. Evidently it doesn't take much to remain a Yamaha dealer.