New owner; just picked up my 2022 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been riding for about 35 years, and owned many bikes and about 4 Yamahas (Virago, Seca2, FZR, Vstar). I've always loved the look of the FJR, and I decided it was time to buy a new one. So far I love it! Thanks for great posts and great info on this forum. I've been lurking for several months now.

Attachments

• FJR.jpg
    FJR.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I think you will like the bike.
Ask away if you have any questions. We would love to help you spend money on accessories.
Where are you from? There are a number of rallies and tech meets in various places. Good opportunity to meet people and learn something about the bike.

Welcome to the forum. I think you will like the bike.
Ask away if you have any questions. We would love to help you spend money on accessories.
Where are you from? There are a number of rallies and tech meets in various places. Good opportunity to meet people and learn something about the bike.
Thanks much. I live in Nashville. I do have a question about the rear top case. Yamaha dealer is saying that 2022 case will only come in Raven (black). They are on back order of course, like the side cases. The bike is obviously cobalt blue. Could I buy a 2016 cobalt blue case and have it fit and look the same as the 2022 cobalt blue? Looks like the rear rack top case mount needed fits 2013-2022. Thanks.

As far as I know, all top cases are interchangeable between years - certainly for 2006+. (I don't think anything changed for 2022.)

Lots of people use a Givi topcase (along with the SR357 Givi rack. IMHO, it looks better and the Givi rack provides better support for the rear sub-frame. (Sub-frame breakage is not unknown if people overload the topcase, or ride rough roads.) Givi has a number of styles and sizes. They used to offer color-matched panels for the cases but I'm not sure if they still do or not. (You can always have it painted if the available color doesn't work for you.)

As far as I know, all top cases are interchangeable between years - certainly for 2006+. (I don't think anything changed for 2022.)

Lots of people use a Givi topcase (along with the SR357 Givi rack. IMHO, it looks better and the Givi rack provides better support for the rear sub-frame. (Sub-frame breakage is not unknown if people overload the topcase, or ride rough roads.) Givi has a number of styles and sizes. They used to offer color-matched panels for the cases but I'm not sure if they still do or not. (You can always have it painted if the available color doesn't work for you.)
Awesome, thanks. I’ll take a look at the Givi setup. The 50L looks pretty big, and may be bigger than I need anyway. Yamaha is saying 2022 side cases will arrive anywhere between June to August. Seems like no one really knows though.

This looks identical to my 2016 Cobalt blue - especially if yours is also called Cobalt blue...I do love my Cobalt blue OEM top case, even though it's huuuuuge (50L). It comes in a smaller version as well (39L I believe).

Welcome from Kalifornia. My riding buddy had a cobalt blue Gen II and loved it. It was stolen and now rides a very fast 2014 red one like mine. Enjoy your new bike, ride safe and take it out west where we have some interesting roads to exploore.

Thanks much. I live in Nashville. I do have a question about the rear top case. Yamaha dealer is saying that 2022 case will only come in Raven (black). They are on back order of course, like the side cases. The bike is obviously cobalt blue. Could I buy a 2016 cobalt blue case and have it fit and look the same as the 2022 cobalt blue? Looks like the rear rack top case mount needed fits 2013-2022. Thanks.
You can get a Cobalt Blue from Partzilla. I bought a 2016 FJR ES last may and ordered one. Givi is great equipment and you cant go wrong with it but I do like the top case from Yamaha. To me it was well worth it.

Last edited:
Welcome from SC, as far as the internet goes, we're neighbors. I looked at top cases for my 2007 and went with Givi 40l. It's small but it's all I need.

Attachments

• D19889CB-6304-4659-B324-FCAAB0052218.jpeg
    D19889CB-6304-4659-B324-FCAAB0052218.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 20
Thanks for all the replies! I went ahead and ordered the OEM 50l top case off Revzilla. I ordered the OEM mount off partzilla, and mount shows it works on 2013-2022. Revzilla didn’t have any mounts in stock. I’ll update when the case comes in and let you know if the color matches or is close enough to keep.

Thanks for all the replies! I went ahead and ordered the OEM 50l top case off Revzilla. I ordered the OEM mount off partzilla, and mount shows it works on 2013-2022. Revzilla didn’t have any mounts in stock. I’ll update when the case comes in and let you know if the color matches or is close enough to keep.
Can I ask what you paid for the bike and did they hit you for excessive charges for freight and prep. I have a '22 on order and the dealership was apologetic about the saddlebags situation and told me they "may" be in by November. He is charging no prep, just shipping of $795 which he says is determined by Yamaha Corp. Congrats on the bike

Can I ask what you paid for the bike and did they hit you for excessive charges for freight and prep. I have a '22 on order and the dealership was apologetic about the saddlebags situation and told me they "may" be in by November. He is charging no prep, just shipping of $795 which he says is determined by Yamaha Corp. Congrats on the bike
Sent pm

I was quoted sticker for the bike $18,199 and $730 freight set by Yamaha and the dealer was going to waive the prep on $399 (and $199 for document fees). That dealer never produced the bike. So I found another dealer 5 hours away for the same deal but they took $349 for prep. I just wanted the search to be over

I was quoted sticker for the bike $18,199 and $730 freight set by Yamaha and the dealer was going to waive the prep on $399 (and $199 for document fees). That dealer never produced the bike. So I found another dealer 5 hours away for the same deal but they took $349 for prep. I just wanted the search to be over
Great - it's not worth fussing over a few hundred bucks IMO. It's such a tiny amount when you compare to what you will spend annually just riding the beast. And the sooner you can start riding, the sooner you will start smiling...

I did the same thing, but traveled from Nashville to Atl to buy the bike. Did they say when the side cases are coming in for you? I was told anywhere from June-August, and they said they’d ship the cases to me. Thanks