New owner; just picked up my 2022 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies! I went ahead and ordered the OEM 50l top case off Revzilla. I ordered the OEM mount off partzilla, and mount shows it works on 2013-2022. Revzilla didn’t have any mounts in stock. I’ll update when the case comes in and let you know if the color matches or is close enough to keep.
I just got a '22 as well. I was able to find the rear mount and a cobalt blue 50l case for a '16 and it all fits and matches

Attachments

• PXL_20220513_224220424.jpg
    PXL_20220513_224220424.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
Is that a dealer sticker on the side cover?
If so, that would piss me off! Unacceptable (to me) on a motorcycle. Bad enough on cars - I won't have one on any vehicle I own.
I don't pay that kind of money to a dealer in order to provide them with free advertizing.

1652612473088.png

Interesting look with the 'City' sidecases mounted.
Interesting look with the 'City' sidecases mounted.
Interesting is a good description. I think it looks a little better without the top case on, I just put it on to show the color, I'll probably only use it for longer trips but time will tell. Those 'city' sidecases were a process to get but with the stock ones on backorder until who knows when I wanted something as I hadn't been able to find the right top case yet.

Is that a dealer sticker on the side cover?
If so, that would piss me off! Unacceptable (to me) on a motorcycle. Bad enough on cars - I won't have one on any vehicle I own.
I don't pay that kind of money to a dealer in order to provide them with free advertizing.

View attachment 1753
Yes, yes it is. I'm not a fan either and haven't decided yet if it's worth taking it off.

Yes, yes it is. I'm not a fan either and haven't decided yet if it's worth taking it off.
You may want to check that nothing is "hiding" under there. I once bought a car and thought one of dealer stickers was in an odd place on the rear bumper. I removed it and well - there was a hole in the bumper underneath! Bastards...

I did the same thing, but traveled from Nashville to Atl to buy the bike. Did they say when the side cases are coming in for you? I was told anywhere from June-August, and they said they’d ship the cases to me. Thanks
Did you get your side bags in that timeframe? I just bought a 2022 in Jan and wonder what delivery will look like.

Hello all. I've been riding for about 35 years, and owned many bikes and about 4 Yamahas (Virago, Seca2, FZR, Vstar). I've always loved the look of the FJR, and I decided it was time to buy a new one. So far I love it! Thanks for great posts and great info on this forum. I've been lurking for several months now.
Congratulations, and welcome, quite new at the forum as well. What a nice bike.