new Pirelli

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had them on my 08 since about mid November and have put about 1300 miles on them. Yesterday, I drove to the other coast of Florida and back to my home 350 miles.

I drove with temps between 50 and 77 degrees Farenheit, encountered rain and 35 mile an hour cross winds during my ride.

The Angels took it stride, and never gave me any cause of concern about their handling. I have done most of my riding on secondary roads, and maybe 5% on Superslab.

The tire wear is almost unnoticeable at this point.

The Pirelli's a vast improvement over the original BT021's that were on the bike when I bought it. The moto tech who installed them was very emphatic about

air pressure and checking it weekly. He said due to temp change you could loose a pound or two a week, and this could effect handling and how many miles they would last.

So what ever brand you decide on always maintain the right pressure. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//style_emoti...efault/cool.gif