New Sena Firmware released for 20S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over here in Europe FM isn't dead yet but it does face competition from digital radio and all the other stuff mentioned. I like having FM in my BT headset and the Cardo Scala G4 has this but it really isn't very good at all. However the new Cardos like the Q1, Q3 and G9x have helmet speakers that plug into the base unit. What this means is you can extend the aerial (antenna) and this does make a huge difference to the quality of reception. In my G4 the aerial is just the short wire that runs over the top of the helmet so you need a very strong signal to get anything like decent reception. The Q1 I have tried is far better when the cable is extended. . You just loop it inside your jacket.

After the first update, the FM here in the Seattle Metro area works much better.

Or maybe just the puttz [me] that is using it is getting better at the commands. I really do like the double tap on the body of the headset to wake Miss Sena up so I can turn FM Radio on/off or switch stations.

We [4] used the intercom during the Reuben Run with varying amounts of success. I think most of that also was operator error and not enough time playing/working with the units.

The 20s range is better but still basically line of sight but does seem to reconnect much better.

If I started with a full charge the unit would work 11+ hours. Just the usual conversation ["If we take this short cut, it will add a hour to our trip], GPS [is that a gravel road, oh, damn it], music [XM from the Zumo in my case and phone and Ipods from others] and phone [in my case, I wanted to go use the Zumo because of the ease of use, [you can tell who is calling, phone book to dial etc]. but it would not work with my Samsung G4. But the phone works great thought the 20s.

The more I use 20s and understand how to use it, the more I like it.

I had too call sena for the 3rd time today and was finally able to get through...

On my bad unit, Guy had me do a factory reset with a paperclip in that tiny hole on the back, unpaired everything, rebooted everything, re paired devices...

Everything seems to be working much better now, full sound and no scratching... intercom works good, sharing music works as well... got a long distance trip coming up soon, will be nice to have tunes & comms with the hot little pillon...

IGNACIOThat's funny. I did a little Googling and haven't seen an issue emerging SM20 with regards to FM here or elsewhere. I see a bit of conjecture about FJ signals, but not on the unit itself. Not saying there isn't, but I'm a little bit surprised I've not seen or heard about this.
First of all the product we are talking about on this thread is the "new" 20S not the SM20. Here is a link to the Sena Help Forum which has 77 responses to "FM dosen"t work" as of this writing: /https://support.senabluetooth.com/entries/48117564-FM-Radio-does-not-work[/url]

As for the bags falling off, I only used it as an analogy as to when I complained that the FM dosen't work & people on this forum started comments about FM is dead... I don't use it anyway etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
IGNACIOThat's funny. I did a little Googling and haven't seen an issue emerging SM20 with regards to FM here or elsewhere. I see a bit of conjecture about FJ signals, but not on the unit itself. Not saying there isn't, but I'm a little bit surprised I've not seen or heard about this.
First of all the product we are talking about on this thread is the "new" 20S not the SM20. Here is a link to the Sena Help Forum which has 77 responses to "FM dosen"t work" as of this writing: https://https://support.senabluetooth.com/entries/48117564-FM-Radio-does-not-work

As for the bags falling off, I only used it as an analogy as to when I complained that the FM dosen't work & people on this forum started comments about FM is dead... I don't use it anyway etc.
It does help when I search on the correct term and not trying concatenate previous model prefixes. Thank you for helping me fix my glaring error :)

It also seems Sena's working on the issue in the semi-linked thread....I figured out the address.

And good to know it was analogy based on speculative bag scenario and not an actual issue.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Hey War Machine! I'm LMAO
no.gif