New shoes on order

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whybu1

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of Avon Storms and will get them installed on Monday. Hope they do as well as advertised. The Metzlers that were on when I bought it have a flat spot in the center.

Just ordered a set of Avon Storms and will get them installed on Monday. Hope they do as well as advertised. The Metzlers that were on when I bought it have a flat spot in the center.

Flat spot in the center is common for a super slab bike. Don't get into the sides much on the freeway.

Got my Storms through Toecutter's group buy (Toe-thanks again) and drove 3 hours this morning to Yamaha of San Antonio to have them installed. They installed my smart tire sensors and new 90 degree valve stems (Sport Bike Effects) at NO EXTRA CHARGE. Big props go out to Yamaha of SA. Those dudes know about customer service and were waiting for me (or whoever shows up 1st) to drive in at 9AM. The bike was finished by 10:20. They warned me about taking it easy for the 1st 100 miles because of a coating on the tires. Well, I believe it was TWN who said they were buttermilk smooth and he was right. These tires are soooo much better than the stock Bridgestones. No comparison. I replace them at 10,400 miles with a lot of tread left on the front and not much left on the rear. Hope to get close to the same mileage with these but considering the rubber is a little softer, probably won't. In the rain, bet the performance will be a lot better, too.

I love the new tires. Smooth ride and without the flat spot cornering is much better.

Motorcycle shoes must either have special fasteners (for example, Velcro systems) or special lacing. If this is lacing - make sure that the laces are not too long or are high enough to be hidden under the pants – it will be "unpleasant for the crane" if, while driving, the laces fall on moving parts of the motorcycle or catch on something. Meyan has had this a couple of times, so I'm on my sneakers https://www.forstepstyle.com/collections/yeezy/boost-350/. I hide the laces inside the foot. By the way, the breathability (ventilation) of motorcycle shoes is also extremely important. This is necessary to protect yourself from the high temperature of the engine and exhaust system of the motorcycle.

Last edited:
Motorcycle shoes must either have special fasteners (for example, Velcro systems) or special lacing. If this is lacing - make sure that the laces are not too long or are high enough to be hidden under the pants – it will be "unpleasant for the crane" if, while driving, the laces fall on moving parts of the motorcycle or catch on something.

Really? that's the best you can do? your first reply ever is to revive a 15 year old post.....