New Stable!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRMH Eagle

Reaction score
After years of renting, low-paying jobs, not having any money, bankruptcy, and whatever else life could throw at me... I now have my own home! It's mine! This has been a very long time coming. And not just a house but a beautiful one on a mountain at 9,200 feet in the foothills outside Denver. One of the pluses is the nice garage, which is rare for homes in the foothills. Now I have my own stable to work on the feej and park it. Indeed God has blessed me. B)

The mountain I live on has a quiet paved road with tons of curves to practice my riding skills. And the highway from my neighborhood into Denver (285) is a pleasure on the feej with plenty of tight curves and sweepers.

Also attached are views from the deck.

IMG_6573.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5721.jpg

Wow! Glad to hear you're luck seems to have changed. On a totally unrelated note, have I told you lately that even though we've never met, I never-the-less consider you one of my very best friends? The type of friend that wouldn't be the least bit fazed if I should show up without notice on his doorstep and announced that I would love to stay for a month or three. Just the other day I said to the wife "Honey, if I didn't know that Eagleman would never accept it, I'd love to give him some money to help him out (further proof that we're tight, "Eagleman" is used only by your closest friends). A word of advice - be aware that there are some people out there that have no compunction about taking advantage of friends who recently have moved into spacious digs with fabulous views. These people, though perhaps good looking, and highly intelligent, are beneath our contempt.

PS - How does the second week of June sound to you?

PPS - Do you think it's a coincidence that we both ride '07's? No, I don't either.

PPPS - Seriously, this is good news. You've been through a lot, and it sounds as though it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Wow! Glad to hear you're luck seems to have changed. On a totally unrelated note, have I told you lately that even though we've never met, I never-the-less consider you one of my very best friends? The type of friend that wouldn't be the least bit fazed if I should show up without notice on his doorstep and announced that I would love to stay for a month or three. Just the other day I said to the wife "Honey, if I didn't know that Eagleman would never accept it, I'd love to give him some money to help him out (further proof that we're tight, "Eagleman" is used only by your closest friends). A word of advice - be aware that there are some people out there that have no compunction about taking advantage of friends who recently have moved into spacious digs with fabulous views. These people, though perhaps good looking, and highly intelligent, are beneath our contempt.
Smoooooth, Ex-lax... :lol:

Congratulations on being on the receiving in of good Blessings, usually when he does it, it comes in a big way.

Beautiful views there.

Great news and views. I hope things continue to improve. Some melting action maybe? ;) Enjoy this first Spring and Summer at your new home. Winter will come soon enough in the high country.

It looks as if it's your turn...Congratulations!

I remember when you came to Golden and volunteered to watch the bikes during the banquet even though you found out too late and weren't able to register. I was impressed then and I'm glad for you.

Sometimes even the good things come 'round.

Er....with those views, isn't it slightly difficult to actually leave for work?

Very nice! I was in the Denver area last November, the wife had a conference, and I fell in love with the place. It's on the short list of retirement possibilities.

Congrats! Duke's been want'n to take a summer vacation to a mountain chalet! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
9,200 feet is considered "foothills" around there? That's higher than the peak of some of the ski resorts around here!

Nice place! :thumbsupsmiley:

Nice, I've driven and ridden 285 from Albuquerque to the area west of Denver many times, Good on ya! :clapping:

Awesome view, congratulations on the new home!

Enjoy.

I was gonna say if my ex hadn't walked out on our marriage back 2001 then she could've shared this home!

Though I live at high-altitude the house has direct southern exposure so snow melts fast. I got 8" of snow last weekend and it was all gone by Tue (However the houses on the northern side of the mountain still have feet of snow in their front yard.). And in the summer time when Denver is hitting 3 digits I'll be comfy with the free pine-scented air conditioning.

I hope no one thinks I'm bragging. Indeed this is a blessing from God. The bank even lowered the price and paid closing costs!

3 years ago I had nothing but a car with 280k miles on it, stuff in boxes, and some cash. Was delivering pizzas for money. I abandoned everything I knew back in AL to move to Colorado with nothing - not even a job prospect in site. Just like the movie "City Slickers" I wanted a do-over in life. Since moving to CO I found a good-paying job as a Controller, bought my first ever motorcycle (2007 Feej), and have experienced some of life's good things.

Absolutely love my home... this is a new life for me out here.

I was gonna say if my ex hadn't walked out on our marriage back 2001 then she could've shared this home!
Though I live at high-altitude the house has direct southern exposure so snow melts fast. I got 8" of snow last weekend and it was all gone by Tue (However the houses on the northern side of the mountain still have feet of snow in their front yard.). And in the summer time when Denver is hitting 3 digits I'll be comfy with the free pine-scented air conditioning.

I hope no one thinks I'm bragging. Indeed this is a blessing from God. The bank even lowered the price and paid closing costs!

3 years ago I had nothing but a car with 280k miles on it, stuff in boxes, and some cash. Was delivering pizzas for money. I abandoned everything I knew back in AL to move to Colorado with nothing - not even a job prospect in site. Just like the movie "City Slickers" I wanted a do-over in life. Since moving to CO I found a good-paying job as a Controller, bought my first ever motorcycle (2007 Feej), and have experienced some of life's good things.

Absolutely love my home... this is a new life for me out here.
Great story :) We're happy for you. Like my late, late Mom-in-law would say .. "All good things come to those who deserve them".