New to me, 2014 Super Tenere

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panman

Reaction score
Picked up a used 2014 Super Tenere, has some boxes, crash bars, little reservoir guards by the pegs, head light guard, headers and pipe and George tells me the ECU has been flashed.

I think the price was good, I got it from Noble Rush down in Auburn, WA. I think they would have charged more but it looks like it was owned by one of Randy Newman's friends as it has a couple of scratches and a small dent in the tank. Over all not to bad.

Loud, it needs the insert for pipe George tells me with a smile.

Well my count down timer tells me 97 days, Thinking Prudhoe Bay this year, wife is giving me the look but her blessing to.

The FJR stays aint going any where, need to get another 100,000 out of her yet.

Pan.

Congrats!

My trip to Prudhoe Bay is set for 2019. Researching bikes but looking hard at the Wee. Unless Momma Yamma puts the T7 into our hands

Panman found a good scoot, but...badly needs a baffle in that noisemaker!

BTW...pics looks GREAT!!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

I know the pictures suck but, I haven't looked into replacing photo bucket yet.

Hudson, you don't think I'll have any reflex memory after fifty years. :)

Well done, Kev. You'll love it. Now then, next pix is you and mightyT about 6' above the ground from a jump!

Congrats on your purchase. I am sure --G can help you out with all the fixes. As a warm up ride you can take it to Hart"s Pass. That is a pretty nice ride. Been trying to get --G to let me take his Super Ten up their for years.
smile.png

I recently sold my 2012 Super Tenere. It had a Speedohealer on it when I got it. It worked well at making the speedo accurate but caused the odometer to be off by 4-6%. Its yours for free if you want it. Mine is not a plug and play device and requires splicing into wiring. Not sure if I have the installation instructions, Ill check, but if I don I think they are available from the manufacturer and possibly online. PM me an address if interested.

Just checked, and the installation and user manual is online at https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh/

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently sold my 2012 Super Tenere. It had a Speedohealer on it when I got it. It worked well at making the speedo accurate but caused the odometer to be off by 4-6%. Its yours for free if you want it. Mine is not a plug and play device and requires splicing into wiring. Not sure if I have the installation instructions, Ill check, but if I don I think they are available from the manufacturer and possibly online. PM me an address if interested.
Just checked, and the installation and user manual is online at https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh/
Thanks for the offer but I'm use to using the GPS for accurate speed. I mostly ride by feel anyhow.

Getting a GPS mount and another cradle for my 590 is one of the first things I need to get. That and some LED's and a seat for my bony butt.

Panman, Gee officer I ride by feel and it sure didn't feel like I was doing a 105.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee honey, that picture makes me look fat!

Never had cruise before! Thinking I'm gonna like it.

If you can get George to possibly dirty up his shiny S10, we should do a section of the WABDR next summer. I did a short run of the Idaho BDR this summer and it was wonderful - 80 miles of pretty off-road scenery and 120 miles of super twisty backroads.

Well done Panman. Seriously, though, let's all three of us take an ADV course (these big pigs don't handle like a dirt bike). I know a local instructor and it's on my radar to do this.

If you are going to do the WABDR (north south), also consider doing what Best Rest Products call the NW Passage (east west)