New (to me) FJR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Control 1

Reaction score
Slightly more powerful than the Burgman 650 I've been riding....

I flew from Birmingham to Little Rock, purchased this '06 AE from a guy in Conway, AR. Will take the next 2 days winding my way back home, going to visit family in east TX along the way.

This bike is stock, except for the big bag on the rear. I've purchased a Yamaha top case from another forum member, so the bag will be coming off soon. The previous owner is a Goldwing guy, had bought this to have something "sportier". He and his wife decided they liked touring better on the Wing, so the FJR went up for sale. He held the bike for the past 2 weeks for me, as my work travels prevented me from getting out to his place any sooner. The bike was exactly as he'd said it was, I am very pleased. It was a smooth transaction. Below are a few pictures of the motorcycle as I found it at his house, and from the hotel tonight. Obviously, I am very excited about my new toy. Hopefully I will put many miles on this motorcycle, I'm already in love(or maybe in lust, from the power).

At the P.O's house

DSC00370.JPG

DSC00373.JPG

Hotel for tonight...

DSC00375.JPG

DSC00378.JPG

Keeping an eye on it from the room....

DSC00380.JPG

Congrats on the FJR!

Whoa! That is a HUGE bag! How does it attach? Take some piccies if you would when you get a chance.

Congraulation on your new purchase. I would say the top case is more like a packable Hilton Hotel than a top case, but it got'er done tho

Yes Skooter, I think it's the same as what my cruiser friends call a "T Bag", attaching to this passenger's backrest that has been added. I'll remove this backrest when the Yamaha top case comes in. This soft bag appears to be very nice, and was probably expensive, but to me it is out of place on the FJR. I like hard storage that can be locked up better anyway. Less stuff to carry into the hotel each night.

Image0108.jpg

Image0111.jpg

Nice bike. I have never been a fan of the hard case trunks. While they look ok, they just don't seem to hold very much and do add alot of weight up high. But anyway, if you are thinking of getting rid of that soft case, let me know. Would want to know what it is, overall condition and what you want.

Nice ride!

You going to end up with a hernia putting that thing up on centerstand with that modular home mounted on the tail.

Congrats on the new scoot!!! You said in your original post that the bike was stock. It appears that the first farkle will be the hard top case. I'm willing to bet that after your jaunt around AR and east TX and then back to AL, your second farkle will be a new seat!

Enjoy the AE!! (But seriously, how could you not!!!)

Yup, it’s a big Jump from your old bike. My Buddy rides a 650 Hawk. Calls my FJR a geezer bike. Funny thing is he will not get on it because it scares him. :ph34r:

You will be singing FJR campfire songs as you roll on the miles. I have had my bike for about a week and still can’t get off it.

Hope my car battery still has a charge for the day I am forced to start it again. :blink:

Yup, it’s a big Jump from your old bike. My Buddy rides a 650 Hawk. Calls my FJR a geezer bike. Funny thing is he will not get on it because it scares him. :ph34r:

You will be singing FJR campfire songs as you roll on the miles. I have had my bike for about a week and still can’t get off it.

Hope my car battery still has a charge for the day I am forced to start it again. :blink:

Geez, I hope it's a geezer bike!

Otherwise I might be forced to sell mine. :blink:

OK, been out polluting the air all day, so just catching up on all these posts...

Bucky, if I do sell the giant bag, I'll let you know first.

Was thinking about spending the night inside it at a rest area, but the weather was too hot!

Made a side trip to visit my cousins who live near Tyler, TX. We spent the afternoon putting a few miles on...

DSC00395.JPG

We had dinner at Big Smith's BBQ near Sulpher Springs, TX. Absolutely the BEST beef ribs I've ever had. Little ramshackle hole-in-the-wall place. (Aren't those usually the best?) That's me on the right.
DSC00398.JPG

We managed to move the odometer about 550 miles today. When I picked the bike up yesterday, the previous owner had it so nice and clean..... now look at it!
DSC00399.JPG

Once again, keeping an eye on it from the hotel window....
DSC00401.JPG

The bike is running great.