New (to me) Kawasaki Z1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i gotta say that i took this on the freeway today for the first time and an FJR she isn't......It wants to rip your arms off at speeds over 80mph and i do feel i little more exposed while lane sharing.....BUT having said that this thing isa Blast to ride and thats Blast with a capital B.......

Seating position is really nice but the seat is not that comfy and i doubt i will be doing and 400 mile days on it (but you never know).

Things i will be changing......slightly larger screen is right there at the top of the list, maybe the seat, Sergeant and Corbin both make seats for it....

I really miss have storage so today i ordered a tail bag for it, A smuggler would be nice....

Not being a fan of Green, i would love to cover some of the green bits with that carbon wrap...(where do i get that?).

I am off to San Fran tomorrow so more follow ups next week....

Oh and Roy get that ride planned...

R
Try a search ya wanker!

So I Am looking at buying a '11 Ninja 1000 (same engine I think) do you feel a lot of vibration at 7000RPM and above like some of the reviews suggest. I have arthritis in my hands and that would aggravate that.

i don't feel the vibration in the hands, i used to feel it a lot in the seat but i saw a treat on the Kawi board where some guy put 1/8th inch rubber pads under where the tank mounts to the frame and he said it made a big difference.

The problem there is because the seat kinda locks under the tank mount and transfers the vibration from the frame to the mount and then on to the seat.

I went one better and use 1/4 inch rubber pads under the tank mount and the same pads between the seat and the mount.....I gotta say it made a huge difference and now i actually like riding it.

I do plan on selling it real soon (anyone?)and getting a BMW S1000R........YE HA.

R

So I Am looking at buying a '11 Ninja 1000 (same engine I think) do you feel a lot of vibration at 7000RPM and above like some of the reviews suggest. I have arthritis in my hands and that would aggravate that.
I''ve got a 2011 N1K and there is some vibration at 7k but that's 105 mph in 6th and I don't spend a lot of time there. In my opinion the engine is smoother than the FJR; but sensitivity to vibrations can be a very personal thing.