New to Vegas, looking to ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MojaveFJR

Reaction score
Blew in about a month, been jonesin to get out. Doesn't appear to be too many places locally to let the feej loose. Would appreciate any and all recommendations on roads, routes etc. Right now all I really know is the 156/7 and honestly, not enough to work the feej. Wouldn't mind a meet up next weekend either, 17/18JUN.

Looking forward to getting out there.

There's a few places to ride around here, so most rides are lather, rinse and repeat.

Red Rock canyon is a slow scenic touristy 13 mile loop, then out and hang a right to Blue Diamond. Right at the 160 stop sign and you can go up to the top and stop at the saloon at Summit.

Another saloon ride is take I-15 south to Jean, then turn off and go right (NW) into Goodsprings. The saloon there serves lunch and is a stopover for street riders, dirt riders, ATVs and RZRs.

Then there's the lake Mead ride, out past the lake and usually stop for breakfast or lunch in Overton. Return the same way or shoot down I-15 south about 45 miles.

Then there's a short ride to Mt Charleston where it's usually 10-15 degree cooler than Las Vegas. Lunch at the top, or cross over to the ski area side and ride back down to 95.

Another short local ride is down to Hoover Damn and/or Boulder City for lunch.

Beyond that, Death Valley is 2 hours or so away. Ride out thru Pahrump or north thru Beatty. Loop it or ride the same route back.

Ride south to Kingman AZ. Used to be big for a Cracker Barrel breakfast ride, but now we have one here in town. From Kingman you can return the same way or you can go south on I-40 to the next exit and then follow Route 66 into Oatman, a great little destination for lunch and sightseeing. Loop back home through Laughlin, around 225 miles total.

Another loop ride is take highway 93 south towards Laughlin, thru Searchlight, and then turn right to Nipton and keep going to meet I-15 in California and then I-15 back north to Vegas.

Take I-15 north into Utah and you have Zion and Bryce national parks and lots of other places to see.

Did I miss anything? Vintage bike night on the third Friday of each month in the Arts District.

There are riding groups in Facebook, and riding groups on Meetup.com. Both are good ways to meet others to ride with.

Then if you ride dirt too, your options get exponentially larger. And if you put plates on that dirt bike, there are few limits to where you can go in Nevada..

ValleyOfFire-Ride1200_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: