new, used owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i purchased an 05 a couple of weeks ago, i've been checking around the site ,and hearing about tickers......my bike has ony about 6000 miles on it...

does anyone know the odds of an 05 becoming a ticker.....

any info will be greatly appreciated ..........did i mention............i love this bike!!!!

i'm looking forward to chatting with the other members........you guys seem to know these bikes inside out...

I bought mine in December with similar mileage. I was worried about this as well, but, now at 10,200 miles, I think its a non-issue for me. As I understand it, the percentages are not very high, and this is the very first entry of the New Owners Read This FAQ thread. You might find this ends up in the NEPRT thread section. :rolleyes: Good luck with the new bike. Enjoy it and don't worry.

does anyone know the odds of an 05 becoming a ticker.....
Less likely than winning the lottery, more likely than you'll die before the age of 100.

There are no known definitive odds. There are suspected odds through anecdote as there are myriad of suspect things you can do to influence the odds.

I think it's about 1 in 7 if the odometer has zero miles on it.

You have an '05 with 20,000+ miles and not a ticker...then chances are much less than that.

As others have pointed out...there VOLUMES of information about this scattered on the forum....so yes...this is NEPRT bound. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine in December with similar mileage. I was worried about this as well, but, now at 10,200 miles, I think its a non-issue for me. As I understand it, the percentages are not very high, and this is the very first entry of the New Owners Read This FAQ thread. You might find this ends up in the NEPRT thread section. :rolleyes: Good luck with the new bike. Enjoy it and don't worry.
thanks for the info.......i'll ride and hope for the best............................................be safe