New Year Day RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Niehart" data-cid="1411177" data-time="1546401653"><p>

Did a little putt in my corner of the world, high of 51 and a low of 33, and it was a great day. I hope to ride with you folks some day.</p></blockquote>

That is a big temperature range Dave.

The place we rode is called the Last Green Valley. A stretch of land nestled between Boston and New York that isn't developed.

Well, I ended up jumping the bike. Stopped for gas shortly after leaving home and had to jump it again. 151 miles later I was back in the barn after not shutting it off again and one stop at Lake Anna for a photo. I shut it off and couldn't restart it. REALLY enjoyed the ride. I was in a mesh jacket! Got down to 60 before I got home, so I was feeling a little cool by then. The route I took saw little traffic and the roads were excellent. Great way to start off the year.

Battery has been on the charger since I got home yesterday. I will check it when I get home tonight, but I suspect it is toast.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Intech" data-cid="1411207" data-time="1546456553"><p>

Battery has been on the charger since I got home yesterday. I will check it when I get home tonight, but I suspect it is toast.</p></blockquote>

You have four months to sort it out before OH

Those roads are so flat you'd never get the bike jump started:)

I wish it was 60 here. The 60 mph wind gusts from the side blew all the heat away. I kept all the electrics on high as if it was 30 degrees cooler.

By jump I meant using a small power pack. Great tool to have on the bike. Also, after being on the charger for 24 hours the bike starts fine, so I may not need a battery.

By jump I meant using a small power pack. Great tool to have on the bike. Also, after being on the charger for 24 hours the bike starts fine, so I may not need a battery.
Not necessarily good news! If it wouldn't recharge after riding several hours, I'm betting that there is an issue with the charging system. (I also got a Lithium booster this year to carry with me - especially on trips)
No New Year's riding around here - in fact, no riding at all since around mid-November. This year is the earliest I can ever remember putting the bike away due to weather. I have always managed to ride at least occasionally until mid-December or sometimes later. I'll be climbing the walls by the time the roads are clear again (late March??).

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RossKean" data-cid="1411255" data-time="1546516969"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Intech" data-cid="1411254"><p>By jump I meant using a small power pack. Great tool to have on the bike. Also, after being on the charger for 24 hours the bike starts fine, so I may not need a battery.</p></blockquote>Not necessarily good news! If it wouldn't recharge after riding several hours, I'm betting that there is an issue with the charging system. (I also got a Lithium booster this year to carry with me - especially on trips)<br />

<br />

No New Year's riding around here - I'll be climbing the walls by the time the roads are clear again (late March??).</p></blockquote>

Oh that kind of jump.

I'd like to see how Ross climbs walls with his FJR :)

You made it...atleast some one did. i planned to go to bean with some friends

I got lifted and moved on 295 twice. After getting spooked we rode as a group for another 50 miles and after a few ops, dropping temp and all the debries. We split.

i put i think 120 miles and got to 25 miles of the vanilla bean on the 1st

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a bit breezy that day, but settled down in the afternoon. On the way down I just slabbed it. I93 to I495 to I 290/395 to CT.

On the way home I shot up to Fitchburg and took back roads through NH. It wasnt bad at all on the back roads. But now my bike is all covered in Winter road spooge! Need to get a hose out some warmer day.

It was a bit breezy that day, but settled down in the afternoon. On the way down I just slabbed it. I93 to I495 to I 290/395 to CT.On the way home I shot up to Fitchburg and took back roads through NH. It wasnt bad at all on the back roads. But now my bike is all covered in Winter road spooge! Need to get a hose out some warmer day. by Fred W
I stopped at car wash on way home and

it didn't take credit cards! I only had twenties and no way I was putting that in a quarter changer.

so my bike is covered too. OSJ took me the long way there and back. He knows the fun paved roads like you know the fun dirt roads
smile.png

Kind of liked the Village Bean, although it was a lot further south than I typically venture. It had a nice casual vibe, a lot like Fiddleheads Cafe in Hancock, NH for those that have been there.

Looking forward to getting some New England RTEs going this year. Hope other folks will post up ideas to contribute too. If we just keep waiting for someone else to post up, well... it just never happens!

Kind of liked the Village Bean, although it was a lot further south than I typically venture. It had a nice casual vibe, a lot like Fiddleheads Cafe in Hancock, NH for those that have been there.
Looking forward to getting some New England RTEs going this year. Hope other folks will post up ideas to contribute too. If we just keep waiting for someone else to post up, well... it just never happens!
How about a Clam Chowdah Ride ?
thumbsup.gif

I went to the vanilla bean a lot, then hit kimbell farms a few times in Jaffery ,NH.

i also ate some cheap joints near brattleboro a few times.. Did bubbs bbq and last weekend smokey bro bbq

so been riding and growing fat...