Nicky Hayden

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steveoreno

Reaction score
If you are one who believes in prayer send some Nicky Hayden's way. He was critically injured today while training on a bicycle in Italy (Struck by a car),. It is rumored that he has been placed in medically induced coma. I got to briefly meet him and Eugene Laverty at the last motogp in Indy.

That's sad news. Saw him race at Laguna Seca in 2006, what a talent. Ironic all the times he's ridden to the edge of control out there on the track and he's seriously injured on a pedal bike, prayers sent.

Met him at the first MotoGP in Austin, he was signing autographs at one of the vendor booths and we talked about his Dad and the flat track days. Class act. Hopes and prayers go out to him, get well Nicky!

He's a fighter, one of the great personalities in motorcycle racing. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family

Sad news indeed, watched him race more than at both Sears Point and Laguna raceway's. Bicycles just don't belong on the same road as cars without their own bike lane, we have a real problem with bikes on our mountain roads that barely have enough room for the cars.

The updates are not good. Crazy that he makes it through wheel to wheel racing at 200+ for a career then has this injury. Reminds me of Michael Schumacher suffering a major brain injury skiing after he retired from F1. Very sad.

Play it while you got it. Life can be real peculiar, fair and equitable it is not. Sad news.

The updates are not good. Crazy that he makes it through wheel to wheel racing at 200+ for a career then has this injury. Reminds me of Michael Schumacher suffering a major brain injury skiing after he retired from F1. Very sad.
Agree Spud, that was my first thought too. Prayers for Nicky and his family, good people.

Don't think it is fake given the coverage by the MOTO GP and World Super Bike sites.

I think he may be to the point that a reasonable recovery is not going to happen and the best outcome for him is something other than recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.