No start

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrwalker

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I went to fire up the FJR after a winters rest and it won't fire.

Had plenty of battery, cranked strong. Popped a couple times then nothing, crank, crank crank.

Stopped after 15-20 seconds to let the starter cool. Smells flooded. Tried again after a few minutes.... crank, crank crank,...nothing. :angry2:

Damn, I want to ride. :dribble:

Anyone have any thoughts? Bike ran great when put up for winter.

I suppose I'll start w/ new plugs and go from there.

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
WFO Throttle, whilst spinnin usually works. Funny ya mention it, I'm getting ready to fire up the old girl here shortly.... After three months of setting. Then I'll look at the bike :D

:jester:

Sorry for the misplaced post and not doing the obligatory search first.

Just frustrated and lazy, I guess.

Tried the WFO throttle a couple times last night w/ no success, keeping her on the battery tender in between.

Today, tried again and varoom. :yahoo: Now she's running perfectly, revving clean and strong.

Sure feels good to be out of the cage... and I have pretty fun cages.

Thanks, Bustanut, for the tip. Advice and humor all at once, gotta love it! :lol:

:clapping:

Sorry for the misplaced post and not doing the obligatory search first.Just frustrated and lazy, I guess.

Tried the WFO throttle a couple times last night w/ no success, keeping her on the battery tender in between.

Today, tried again and varoom. :yahoo: Now she's running perfectly, revving clean and strong.

Sure feels good to be out of the cage... and I have pretty fun cages.

Thanks, Bustanut, for the tip. Advice and humor all at once, gotta love it! :lol:

I've found in the past that the bike might seem to be cranking over alright but if the battery is a bit low everything is being used to spin it over with nothing left for a good spark. Proven by the fact that the Battery Tender topped it up enough for it to start.