no start

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asj113

Reaction score
I have removed the lower body woork on my 05 FJR to clean after having ridden 1,500 miles in the rain.

after washing th bike and the lower half of the engine and drying with compressed air the bike won't start.

it cranks over and all the fuses have power both sides.

Any ideas??

Compressed air and removed tupperware is not the best combination IMO. They windtunnel and rain test these things, but they don't air chuck test them at every angel.

It can drive water into many undesirable locations including ignition components. Possibly pull a plug and see if you have spark or not. If not, it might dry out on it's own accord or look around and see if you drove water into the ignition coils.

Second possibility is that maybe you blew off a connector with the air somewhere. Retrace where you put that air chuck with a fine tooth comb.

Compressed air and removed tupperware is not the best combination IMO. They windtunnel and rain test these things, but they don't air chuck test them at every angel.
It can drive water into many undesirable locations including ignition components. Possibly pull a plug and see if you have spark or not. If not, it might dry out on it's own accord or look around and see if you drove water into the ignition coils.

Second possibility is that maybe you blew off a connector with the air somewhere. Retrace where you put that air chuck with a fine tooth comb.
Thanks,

I removed the t bar and dried the top of the engine w/compressed air and it started.

I just thought after it was so reliable in the rain it would have been unaffected.

Ya removed the bodywork to wash it????? After it got wet?..... Are you as gay as yer scoot??

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator: