North Cascades pass opening

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
This Thurs. @ noon is the plan. Cannot spare the day but if anyone is going I could meetup for breakfast along the way somewhere. Surprised this has not been posted already, it was on the news last nite.

Well, when I lived in Mukilteo I did not have a FJR. But it seemed everyone else did. We lived there for two years. It killed me! The first thing I did when we came home was to buy one. A 2004 silver. There ain't no twisties here in the flat lands! Man I wish I could go back........ Have fun and remember to watch out at killer corner west of Monroe!

Work gets in the way again...too short notice.
--G
What about next Wednesday?

Weather_zps3e88775b.jpg

You don't want to miss another fun day like to weeks ago do you?

Neah Bay.

DSCN7003_zps8a5b9c81.jpg

DSCN7004_zpsd03aa438.jpg

Rialto Beach west of Forks.

DSCN7010_zps40654378.jpg

DSCN7006_zps8e0925f6.jpg

DSCN7012_zps0893f19d.jpg

Ride around Crescent Lake.

DSCN7018_zps91cc8b3c.jpg

DSCN7019_zps057e557d.jpg

Getting home late?

DSCN7025_zpse606b2dd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey boys and girls. I am in the area and have some days off next week - Sunday through Wednesday. Anyone up for a ride? What are good roads to do? Never been in this area before.

Assuming you're in Seattle or Tacoma. If so, then this Highway would make a great loop ride of some premium Washington State country. Connect the dots on these points and most routing software takes your through the fun stuff

Option A - 550 mile loop

• Seattle
  • Darrington (note that it take you through the Oso slide area that's made national news...about 10 miles west. Maybe you want to see it, maybe not. Road may be closed and might have to go around)
  • Highway 2 is sublime...watch for cops though.
  • Winthrop, WA - Little western town on the rain shadow side of the mountains. Lunch opportunity.
  • Alta Lake near Pateros, WA. Cool little resort area with a cool view
  • Chelan, WA to Twenty Five Mile Creek State Park. This road on the south side of Lake Chelan goes to the end of pavement of this long lake. This park is also the closest you can get to by paved road to Steheiken...a ferry or float plane only town another 25 miles up the lake. This is also a launch point if you were on a dual sport to some great back roads that are part of the WABDR.
  • Back-track and turn right on 971 at Lake Chelan State Park. Fun little road that gets you back to Highway 97.
  • Wenatchee
  • Leavenworth - Bavarian themed town back at the beginning of the mountains
  • Gold Bar
  • Seattle
Route map, but it's built under the assumption Highway 2 is closed.

Assuming you're in Seattle or Tacoma. If so, then this Highway would make a great loop ride of some premium Washington State country. Connect the dots on these points and most routing software takes your through the fun stuff
Option A - 550 mile loop

• Seattle
  • Darrington (note that it take you through the Oso slide area that's made national news...about 10 miles west. Maybe you want to see it, maybe not. Road may be closed and might have to go around)
  • Highway 2 is sublime...watch for cops though.
  • Winthrop, WA - Little western town on the rain shadow side of the mountains. Lunch opportunity.
  • Alta Lake near Pateros, WA. Cool little resort area with a cool view
  • Chelan, WA to Twenty Five Mile Creek State Park. This road on the south side of Lake Chelan goes to the end of pavement of this long lake. This park is also the closest you can get to by paved road to Steheiken...a ferry or float plane only town another 25 miles up the lake. This is also a launch point if you were on a dual sport to some great back roads that are part of the WABDR.
  • Back-track and turn right on 971 at Lake Chelan State Park. Fun little road that gets you back to Highway 97.
  • Wenatchee
  • Leavenworth - Bavarian themed town back at the beginning of the mountains
  • Gold Bar
  • Seattle
Route map, but it's built under the assumption Highway 2 is closed.

God that's a terrible route, lousy scenery, roads all rutted, cops everywhere.
no.gif
Dammit Matt, keep talking like you are and they will all want to come here.

God that's a terrible route, lousy scenery, roads all rutted, cops everywhere.
no.gif
Dammit Matt, keep talking like you are and they will all want to come here.
I thought about only putting in Steheken as a waypoint and watching his head spin round trying to figure out why he couldn't get an FJR there.

Hey boys and girls. I am in the area and have some days off next week - Sunday through Wednesday. Anyone up for a ride? What are good roads to do? Never been in this area before.
Where you going to be Skoot? I'd be up for a local ride Monday and show you some of the 'hood.

--G