North to Alaska 2019 - Once there were Twenty now there are SIX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you pay attention to the tunnel schedule to getting into Whittier so you are not late for the ferry. Motorcycles go last on when the Anton Anderson Memorial tunnel schedule (it alternates direction every hour). If you have a day that you can spare the time, the MV Klondike Express is a great glacier tour. WE have gone both times on this boat, and it was worth it each time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be needing your notes for the highlights Bryan, I think this is going to be the year.

We are now down to six, my local rider had some health issues and had to drop out.

So it looks like this:

Brian Maddy (Festar) and bigjohnsd
Phil &Charlene
Fred Franklin and Randy Brazie (who is making noises about only going partway)

Still rooms in Dawson City if anyone wants to join up at this late date, the trip of a lifetime!

Maybe one day I will be retired and be able to go ride for a few weeks on end... looking forward to ride reports.

I was going to go to Alaska last year but shit got in the way. I thought about joining this group this year but the initial expectation of what I thought would be too many riders sort of turned me off. (I was considering a solo trip or maybe meeting up with the group for a few days.) The group has shrunk to a level I could live with but once again, shit (at work) has hit the fan! A key employee has been diagnosed with an illness that will keep her off work until late July or August. Unless something changes, Alaska plans may be deferred until retirement (in a year or two).

Have fun!!

I was going to go to Alaska last year but shit got in the way. I thought about joining this group this year but the initial expectation of what I thought would be too many riders sort of turned me off. (I was considering a solo trip or maybe meeting up with the group for a few days.) The group has shrunk to a level I could live with but once again, shit (at work) has hit the fan! A key employee has been diagnosed with an illness that will keep her off work until late July or August. Unless something changes, Alaska plans may be deferred until retirement (in a year or two). Have fun!!
Well Ross, Festar and I might drop by on our August/September Trans-Labrador and New England ride. Sorry you can't join us or the CanadianFJR contingent.

I was going to go to Alaska last year but shit got in the way. I thought about joining this group this year but the initial expectation of what I thought would be too many riders sort of turned me off. (I was considering a solo trip or maybe meeting up with the group for a few days.) The group has shrunk to a level I could live with but once again, shit (at work) has hit the fan! A key employee has been diagnosed with an illness that will keep her off work until late July or August. Unless something changes, Alaska plans may be deferred until retirement (in a year or two). Have fun!!
Well Ross, Festar and I might drop by on our August/September Trans-Labrador and New England ride. Sorry you can't join us or the CanadianFJR contingent.
Might meet up with you in New England. I get there several times each year for some riding (and camping). (You aren't likely to be in Fredericton unless it is a destination or on the way to somewhere.) Are you going to ride the Gaspé on one end or the other of your Trans-Lab trip? I think you would like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might meet up with you in New England. I get there several times each year for some riding (and camping). (You aren't likely to be in Fredericton unless it is a destination or on the way to somewhere.) Are you going to ride the Gaspé on one end or the other of your Trans-Lab trip? I think you would like it.
One never knows - You aren't far from St Johns and my friend Ben Hong, who I want to see, is in Cambridge Narrows, Could be a Vstrom and a GSA in your driveway.

I am 117 km (72 miles) from Saint John NB.

(FYI St.John's is a city in Newfoundland and the "Saint" is abbreviated to St.; New Brunswick locals will tell you that it is not abbreviated for the NB city although the river is often abbreviated to St. John River, Also it is John for NB and John's for NL).

Less than 50 miles from Cambridge Narrows.

Keep me updated on your travel plans...

I want to make one thing perfectly clear. If the trip gets canceled, then I get to keep the tires, filters, oil and all other items being shipped to me. The booze can be shipped even after cancellation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts