North to Alaska 2019 - Once there were Twenty now there are SIX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you may run across Panman and escapefjrist too. they are headed up tomorrow too.

George and myself left yesterday to pretty much a typical North Wet day, one of those days that it either pissed you off that it was raining or oh this isn't to bad as I'm drying out. Went thru about three cycles of that but arived in Williams Lake, BC pretty much dry.

Stopped in Hope for George's photo opp, he wanted to play Rambo.

IMG_20190525_113025843_HDR1_zpswq2npzsa.jpg

On and off wet day on the way to Williams Lk

IMG_20190525_1613335221_zpsxvvrkan0.jpg

But today was just awesome, sunny and 80 by the time we got to Smithers.

IMG_20190526_1638083171_zpssfh7khjh.jpg

George and I'll start a Alaska post here shortly.

PS, the weather is looking good for an attempt on Deadhourse!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Three of us are currently in Kenora, Ontario. Further westward today.

I was pleasantly surprised by the scenery so far. I wish our roads back home were in half as good a shape.

Canadian FJR

Reactions: MEM
Your timing is good. The weather in this part of the world has been exceptionally crappy for the past week. It is now looking good for the next week.

Did some touring around the badlands in ND and currently in Red Lodge. More touring tomorrow and then heading north.

(Definitely like the 80 mph highway posted limits in Montana)

Canadian FJR

escapeFJRist and Panman are currently riding the Top of the World Highway and just about to cross the border into Alaska.

Another fantastic day. Rode Bear Tooth to the border and then the long way around through Yellow Stone. Animals and great roads galore. Currently in Helene, Montana. Back into Canada tomorrow.

Canadian FJR

George and Kevin made it into Fairbanks last night via the Top of the World Hwy. They are on the move already this morning and headed up the Dalton Hwy to Deadhorse. I assume with the early start 7AM local time, they are going intending to get to Deadhorse today.

looks cold, but decent weather

g7q1HAe.jpg

At those temperatures and lack of direct sunshine, mud shouldn't be a problem on the unpaved parts (at least not near Deadhorse). Hope they don't hit ice. Somewhat warmer nearer Fairbanks...

(I wonder if there has been much recent precipitation?)

At those temperatures and lack of direct sunshine, mud shouldn't be a problem on the unpaved parts (at least not near Deadhorse). Hope they don't hit ice. Somewhat warmer nearer Fairbanks...(I wonder if there has been much recent precipitation?)
They are both on their Super Tenere.
They seem to be making good progress. They are currently about 20 miles north of the Artic Circle monument and about 250 miles south of Deadhorse

At those temperatures and lack of direct sunshine, mud shouldn't be a problem on the unpaved parts (at least not near Deadhorse). Hope they don't hit ice. Somewhat warmer nearer Fairbanks...(I wonder if there has been much recent precipitation?)
They are both on their Super Tenere.
They seem to be making good progress. They are currently about 20 miles north of the Artic Circle monument and about 250 miles south of Deadhorse
Without their SPOT link it didn't happen - JSNS Post here so we can all follow

Relaxing in down town Fernie, BC

We found Lincoln Rd in Montana- wow!!

Great roads down there, I'll be back.

Canadian FJR

Status
Not open for further replies.