North to Alaska 2019 - Once there were Twenty now there are SIX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fence at the moment... not sure the Spyder can hold up to this kind of adventure... I want to but not at the expense of the only adventure vehicle I have at my disposal... ;)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tyler" data-cid="1400448" data-time="1530928565"><p>

I'm on the fence at the moment... not sure the Spyder can hold up to this kind of adventure... I want to but not at the expense of the only adventure vehicle I have at my disposal... ;) </p></blockquote>

I saw many Spyders up there last year. You can drive support truck :) if you have concerns.

SkooterG posted: Just stumbling upon this after my recent trip to Hyder. Why so early? Is it better to go early? I wonder about crappy weather. And no bears in Hyder until the Salmon arrive later in the summer.
Trip to Hyder? Pics or .... or you know.

As for this broke-ass wage slave, sorry Big John, no can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be going to Prudhoe Bay from Key West and back. I am giving myself 10 days to get up there, do the Haul Road 1000,

and return to Key West for a UCCC. Flower sniffing' will not be in the books next year.

… I want to do the 100k year in 2019.

Mozey

2wheels4fun

Huron52

AllenC

BigjohnSD

Festar?

CanadianFJR?

Tyler?

Well if Huron is going.....

I KNOW I can outrun him in case of Bear, jsns

At this point I'm interested. My wife and I celebrate our 50th in 2019 and she/we want to do something special, this may not be what she has in mind, but it never hurts to ask.

Or maybe the phrase " It's easier to ask forgiveness, than permission" applies here ?! (As long as the roads are paved, we may have to ride the GL1500 as a compromise to my wife, but we"ll see)

Schedule update on post #1.

I asked folks that are truly interested to send me an email at johnlangdell at Rushmore dot com. Some did I lost the folder I put it them all in.

If you are seriously considering making this trip please resend an email to me at the above address. Please include your real nane, forum Handle, and a cell phone number. I intend to use email for future updates,etc so I can include everyone some in this forum, some from the other forum and some non-forum folks that have expressed interest. Thanks, John

Link Fixed - thanks for posting and hosting Kevin!

First Planning Email Sent - if you didn't receive it, and if you are interested in going, send me an email entitled "Alaska 2019" send to johnlangdell at rushmore dot com please.

Status
Not open for further replies.