Not a "Reuben Run" but "The Last Hurrah" - Labor Day Weekend 1-5 September 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave EARLY Like at daybreak.I have a horrible habit of waking up at 4:00 4:30 every morning,I kinda like it as it is the most beautiful part of the day.Farm Life,Even after retirement I can't shake it .
If you go really really fast------ It actually gets hotter.
I am getting used to the 100 plus degree heat, Over here in Eastern Washington it's been that way for quite a while now.Just like back in the old days before all the irrigation.

Boys and Girls it is almost game time! I have had a couple of inquiries from gun shy folks (and rightly so given the last couple of years) about the smoke. Fingers crossed we have had ZERO smoke from the S Oregon/Cali fires.
It is gonna be a warm one however so bring your smelter vest!

Hot day today...too hot for 400 plus miles but managed to survive. The western side of the "box" is intact and other than seven miles of oily sloppy chip seal coming into Fossil, twas a great ride. Mostly mid-high 90s all day with a high of 104 in Fossil. Ugh...

See all y'all tomorrow!

~G

I have to ask why did you go thru Fossil ? kinda outta route from Snohomish.
If I were to guess it would be because the road from Arlington to Fossil (19) is awesome! Then you are faced with a quandary, should I take 283 another awesome road but then I have to grind out a good portion of 97 South or should I continue on 19 to 207, yet another awesome road to Mitchell, grab a bite and bev at Tiger Town Brewing ("Buy Our Beer or We'll punch you in the Face") and then head to Prineville on 26 which has some great high speed sweeper action, beautiful views and minimal LEO action. Of course we can't just ride Prineville to Redmond for more slab action so we should cruise the back way along the crooked river to Alfalfa and come into Bend the back way hitting 97 @ Knott Rd which is coincidentally 2.1 miles from a cold beverage of your choice at my house before you slab it the 30 miles to La Pine! But there are a couple of options there too ;)...

1662037081163.png