Not a "Reuben Run" but "The Last Hurrah" - Labor Day Weekend 1-5 September 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harper told me all these great stories about insurance payouts when you wreck your bike, so I had to give it a shot!
IMG_20220904_110903.jpg
I miraculously got up off the pavement, put the mouthpiece back on my camel back, picked the bike up and rode off. I'll need a new side case, crash bar, windshield, and riding pants, but otherwise pretty uneventful.

The weekend was otherwise spectacular.

Harper told me all these great stories about insurance payouts when you wreck your bike, so I had to give it a shot!

I miraculously got up off the pavement, put the mouthpiece back on my camel back, picked the bike up and rode off. I'll need a new side case, crash bar, windshield, and riding pants, but otherwise pretty uneventful.

The weekend was otherwise spectacular.

Yikes!! Glad you're mostly okay... bikes can be fixed or replaced... people not so easily. ;)

Happy to know you are in one piece.That pannier saved you a lot of pain and suffering by the looks of it .
You made it back home,Thank God for that.

Well the "Last Hurrah" appears to have been a success! I feel Ray and Patti would have approved.

It was really good to see all the old faces and meet a few new ones. Although a lot of work Mel and I had a great time hosting all you fine folk! We finally got the last of it cleaned up, returned etc... yesterday.

For all of you that were around when we were pulling together a photo of all the RR shirts in attendance Sat night I have attached a little project I worked on for the 10th annual RR. I pored over old RR threads for hours to pull together the attached PDF which has all the years of shirts except #3 which I could not find. #10 is separate as I had done the PDF as a surprise for Ray so I have included it as a separate attachment. There is also a question of if I had the right graphic for #2 as I later found the EYFR graphic later.

Kurt, Melanie and I would like to thank all those that acknowledged "Tipping" is not the capital of China! We were well supported and greatly appreciate your contributions to our cup!

Attachments

• 2nd Annual.pdf
    477.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 10 Years.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 10th Annual.pdf
    159.7 KB · Views: 1
Pro:
The Last Hurrah was an great opportunity to get together with old friends and to celebrate the memory of those who would no longer walk among us. My thanks to Big John who pulled this event together, the folks who followed his lead and worked to make this event such a success, and to everyone who could attend!

Con:
After I came home on Sunday, I began to come down with mild covid-19 symptoms, and tested positive on a Antigen Rapid Test this morning. I’m fully vaccinated and boosted, but my doctor has me on a Paxlovid prescription.

I’ll likely be fine, but I don’t know about you lot. Hence this heads up as a possible contact notice.

Be Safe!

And Audiowize: please stop doing that!

Last edited:
Pro:
The Last Hurrah was an great opportunity to get together with old friends and to celebrate the memory of those would no longer walk among us. My thanks to Big John who pulled this event together, the folks who followed his lead and worked to make this event such a success, and to everyone who could attend!

From Sam Ely on the other Sandbox

Con:
After I came home on Sunday, I began to come down with mild covid-19 symptoms, and tested positive on an Antigen Rapid Test this morning. I’m fully vaccinated and boosted, but my doctor has me on a Paxlovid prescription.

I’ll likely be fine, but I don’t know about you lot. Hence this heads up as a possible contact notice.

Be Safe!
Thanks Sam,

Unfortunately you are not the "Lone Ranger".

I thought it was the smoke that was irritating my nose and throat.
I didn't sleep well last night at Pterodactyls and deiced to make the break for home.

Got in about 1630 and took a Rapid Antigen Test - first test "Positive". Second test also positive.
Doctor tomorrow.

I hope this does not turn into some kind of "super spreader" event.

lots of that happening with our employees, coming back after holidays. COVID is circulating widely in BC, but not being reported openly.