Not a "Reuben Run or The Last Hurrah" - Gauging Interest on a First Annual " Why Not? " in Lapine, OR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhatAir4Me

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Well it sure was cool to see old and to meet new friends at The Last Hurrah!

A number of you asked if there would be another however Mel and I figured you can't have multiple "Last Hurrahs" so we thought WTF how about the "Why Not?".

Being gluttons for punishment I thought I would throw it out there to gauge interest and if there is enough we can block out some rooms at the Best Western OR we could weigh moving the event to Bend. There is a Holiday Inn Express right at the South end of town that is out of the fray and it is 3 miles from my front door, yes selfish but sure would streamline our catering!

If there is a good response I am going to create a poll with some questions to get the pulse of the group on some logistics.

Have a great day,

JP & Mel

I’m good to go too. I’d love to see the “why not” continue. IMHO, That’s what Ray would have wanted, friends on motorcycles getting together. Bend or Prineville are both great choices. Prineville would be less expensive and appreciate our business more. Plus, like Kevin said, “It’s closer to the box”.

BW Prineville is about 1/2 the cost of the Holiday Inn Express in S. Bend, but you never know what those prices are like when you reserve a block of rooms!

I heard a rummor that with todays pricing enviroment it's really tough to come up with a price that a guy like Joel doesn't loose on or price to high for us. That said I think this was his last one.
My comment on Prineville was becasue I was talking with friends saying I was hoping to continue coming down as I really enjoy spending time riding the area and Prineville is real close to BOX and great days riding and acomidations would be cheaper. Bend would be fine place to ride out of, half hour closer to the Crooked River Hwy.

Prineville is good - John Day would be better…..
We love JP with his infectious smile and his culinary delights but honestly it would be nice if it would change up a bit. Many of us have ridden the same roads that are doable within a day of LaPine/Bend area. I'm another who agrees with Jay H.

Having said my peace, I'm not the one organizing, we all know that's a lot of hard work (thank you) so plan away and I'll be watching my 2023 calendar.

Prineville is good - John Day would be better…..
Hmmmm... I like John Day... if you make it a 3-day gathering it could be the "Day to Day to Day Rally".

I'll keep an eye on this! Barring any summer family scheduling conflicts, I'm in!

Last edited: