Not Again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I really enjoy riding with the FJR folks. You show up at a meeting place or rally hotel, get in with a group of people who ride about the same style as yourself and have the same safety concerns, and you enjoy your day on the road. Every rider is responsible for himself and when someone makes a mistake he can only blame himself. I know it is not perfect, but I enjoy the social aspects of group riding, in small groups, and I have learned a lot by following people who are better riders than I am.

Geezer and I fish in the same hole. About 5 or 6 bikes is the limit for Pants.

Regardless, damm fine pictures - that cloudless sky provided a great day for riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't done any GR's in years. Use to do some benefit rides (as many others here) but like when I was in my 20's. I use to get a kick outta them, mainly because of the people interaction and mingling. I was also amused/entertained (in some strange way) at all the cops blocking off the intersections letting us "train through". I guess I liked the coordination and lot's of radio chat that accomplished this with 500+ bikers, and Camp Good Days & Special Times Ride was well over a 1,000 bikes easily. Yikes.

After you giving me a refresher, I have no desire to revisit this. TY.

Had a great FJR "group ride" this past weekend. Rode over to Vermont on Sunday morning and met the others in the group, and we had a nice little 5 hour tour on some of Vermont's best roads. (Note that the pavement on the West side of the App Gap is still a mess)

Next morning we had another little ride (led by another rider) before we had to scoot back home to Cow Hampshire. In this case our group was an even number less than three. (one bike more than DCarver's optimum). Just my son and his GF as pillion on my old '05 (now his) and my wife and I on my new ES.

The more time I spend in Vermont, the more I appreciate that it is the second least populated state in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
They call them "Suicide Rides" and they usually start at a Harley dealership. Needless to say, I don't attend. But I have come across them while out riding. What a pain in the ass that turns out to be trying to get around that mess. As I pass the group in a "sporty" but safe manner, all the bitches on the back like to throw me the "New Mexico state Bird" You gotta love that pirate spirit!

I did one 'Toys for Tots' ride, ONCE. It turned out the ride was shorter that the actual formation. Yes, the first bikes were pulling in before the last bikes left the start. Bakersfield...