Not gone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

want2ride

Reaction score
I just want to let everyone know I have not disappeared from the forum. Still checking in from time to time to see what is happening with everyone. Riding has decreased somewhat for me since my wife moved out of the house. Yes it was rather sudden and took me by surprise. Seems like a lot of the joy I found in life has decreased. I still ride to work when weather permits it but the thrill is lacking.

It will take time for me to sort through my feelings and work this out. Funny how I thought things were going well and I was "loved". As she said I need to love myself first before I can love her so she is giving me room to heal there.

Sorry for the rambling. I just want to let my fellow FJR riders know I have left the club so to speak.

I sincerely hope you are talking about this with your RL friends and family.

Riding is a great therapy, and speaking from personal experience can be a real life saver, but there is also professional counselling available to consider

Take care of yourself

I sincerely hope you are talking about this with your RL friends and family.Riding is a great therapy, and speaking from personal experience can be a real life saver, but there is also professional counselling available to consider

Take care of yourself
Want2ride,

+1. Nobody can do a better job of taking care of your self than you can.

That may mean getting help, and maybe from several good sources. Give yourself whatever you need, there.

Don't quit seeking help until you don't hurt, and all the joy comes back as it should be.

Cheers,

Infrared

I sincerely hope you are talking about this with your RL friends and family.Riding is a great therapy, and speaking from personal experience can be a real life saver, but there is also professional counselling available to consider

Take care of yourself
Want2ride,

+1. Nobody can do a better job of taking care of your self than you can.

That may mean getting help, and maybe from several good sources. Give yourself whatever you need, there.

Don't quit seeking help until you don't hurt, and all the joy comes back as it should be.
Chiming in here too... all of us have had some tough things to go through... it's a part of life so know you are not alone and don't be afraid or too proud to reach out to anyone for a life vest to help keep you afloat... it probably seems pretty tough right now but know that you WILL get through it... there will be better times and days ahead... as a friend told me when I was going through a tough time after my accident, "Honey, you gotta walk through those dark valleys so you can truly appreciate the light at the top of the mountain... start climbing."

Hang in there... lots of folks here thinking of you and sending you good juju. B)

There are a lot of very nice ladies out there who would love to make a new friend, want2ride. All it takes is a smile and a Hello. The rest will take care of itself. Baby steps... :)

This can be devastating to deal with. Time has a way to make things hurt less, no go away necessarily, just less. If it reaches a place that seems unbearable, definitely reach out to a friend or close family member. You're not the first, and won't be the last to have this happen.

All the best to you,

Rob

Went through such a surprise a few years ago. She was gone a lot, "taking care of a handicapped friend," blah blah blah. Then it was "He's not my boyfriend, stop saying that!" Then, "I'm leaving because you don't love me."

They married five days after the divorce went through.......

Bitch.

(Not that I'm bitter about it or anything.......)

The pain isn't the secrets or the not knowing what was going on or anything like that. It's the BETRAYAL. Bitch took everything I had to offer emotionally and spiritually as well as financially and then just moved on, and until the papers showed up one day I had no clue.

Same thing happened to my brother, long story short, he's doing a lot better now, then he was while married. You'll be alright, nothing to do other than move on.

As for us that are still married..................sucks to be us. "Hey, honey.......can you.........."..........

Never been married for all those reasons listed above.... Never been alone, but never found "The One" Until Now....

Both of us have lived our lives and know what we want - with or without marriage in the picture.....

Find a good group of friends, keep busy with rewarding hobbies and have as much fun as you can while your still on this earth !!!

You'll be amazed how fast you can put this behind you with a positive attitude..... Oh and make sure you have a few boozes !!!

There are a lot of very nice ladies out there who would love to make a new friend, want2ride. All it takes is a smile and a Hello. The rest will take care of itself. Baby steps...
smile.png
Amen.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. Life goes on and I can hope we work things out between us. I have a lot of healing to do from my childhood. Bringing up those items has been difficult for me. Keeping them buried was probably worse as I could be a pressure cooker trying to hold in the pain. Getting involved with meetup groups now to keep myself busy when not at work.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. Life goes on and I can hope we work things out between us. I have a lot of healing to do from my childhood. Bringing up those items has been difficult for me. Keeping them buried was probably worse as I could be a pressure cooker trying to hold in the pain. Getting involved with meetup groups now to keep myself busy when not at work.
Yup... holding that stuff in never works... you'll be amazed at the weight that will lift off your shoulders and spirit once you address them and let them go. It's hard work but the end result is well worth it... hang tough! B)