Nowthen, Another Tech Day 4/27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news. I'll be at the tech session with normal skin color. The lab tests showed a large increases in my key indicators, but the CT scan revealed only a small increase in the lymph node size. No chemo yet. The bad news is the DVT issue is back. I have clots behind my left knee and upper calf. It's also led to another round of bilateral pulmonary emboli. For you non-medical gearheads, that means blood clots in both lungs. Not good news, since it could cause minor things like strokes and death. I'm back to injecting lovenox into my stomach fat twice a day for three months. More fun and games for me. It could be a lot worse, so in my sick mind, life is good again.

My doctor said I could work out and ski, so I should be able to ride. Crashing is out of the question, so I'll be riding like the old guy I am. Time to act my age, at least for a while.

I'll see everyone at the tech session. Looking forward to it. I might even bring the spare Admore light kit to add to my Givi trunk. Someone has to do a little work this year.

Good news. I'll be at the tech session with normal skin color. The lab tests showed a large increases in my key indicators, but the CT scan revealed only a small increase in the lymph node size. No chemo yet. The bad news is the DVT issue is back. I have clots behind my left knee and upper calf. It's also led to another round of bilateral pulmonary emboli. For you non-medical gearheads, that means blood clots in both lungs. Not good news, since it could cause minor things like strokes and death. I'm back to injecting lovenox into my stomach fat twice a day for three months. More fun and games for me. It could be a lot worse, so in my sick mind, life is good again.
My doctor said I could work out and ski, so I should be able to ride. Crashing is out of the question, so I'll be riding like the old guy I am. Time to act my age, at least for a while.

I'll see everyone at the tech session. Looking forward to it. I might even bring the spare Admore light kit to add to my Givi trunk. Someone has to do a little work this year.
I'm glad to hear you'll be able to make Jim. Riding like a an old man ain't such a bad thing, all things considered.

Mike et al, I talked to the Michelin Man (Eric) at the IMS Show and he agreed to come talk to us about tires over lunch.

Feel free to bring your questions , comments, and concerns to talk with him. No pressure to buy Michelin, but it may come up...
rolleyes.gif

Mike et al, I talked to the Michelin Man (Eric) at the IMS Show and he agreed to come talk to us about tires over lunch.
Feel free to bring your questions , comments, and concerns to talk with him. No pressure to buy Michelin, but it may come up...
rolleyes.gif
That might be interesting Roger. He's not planning on setting up a booth or anything is he? lol

Mike and Joy,

Thanks for hosting again. You do a great job of hosting this event and I look forward to attending. I can vouch for being one of those bikes that we checked the valve clearance with no adjustment needed. This past winter I took the 2005 FJR to Empire Cycle in Loretto and had them do a major service of replacing fork fluid, new fork gaskets and repacking of the swing arm and a bunch of other service items recommend by Yamaha and so I should be pretty well prepared for the season. Therefor I am just coming for the camaraderie and especially the food!

It is always a good time. See you soon.

Bill

We look forward to your company again this year Bill. Although I am disappointed that we won't be able to use your bike again as a test subject.
rolleyes.gif

Well we're about a month away for another tech day. Which means I've got less than a month to get my shop squared away so it's presentable. lol

Just a couple of reminders for you folks. First and foremost, the county here just loves, loves to spread sand on that last curve to our house. And for the life of me I can't figure out why. It's a residential street and a cul-de-sac to boot. I'll call the city and try to get them to sweep it up prior, but just be cautious none the less.

Secondly, with all the snow we've gotten, it may take a while before the gravel driveway leading up to the shop is dry and solid. So when you arrive, either put something under your kickstand or wait until I can do it for you. I've always got plenty of little boards, or whatnot, that you can use.

We look forward to sharing this day with you all once again.

Dang it, I am going to miss this again. It seems every year there is something going on that keeps me away.
Thank You for hosting, Mike
Well I guess that does happen Brian. Well you know there might always be next year.

Thanks Mike. I will be there 'God will'n and if the creek don't rise'.
Fantastic! Let's just hope the snow we might be getting this week will be the last of it. So far we've had a pretty good run of good weather for tech day. Let's hope this year's won't be an exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, what time you are expecting folks to start coming in? My kid just got invited to a birthday party (uurrggghh), it doesn't start until 1:30. You are only an hour away so thinking if I had in early enough I could still make it worth it and head back out around noon to keep the 7 years old little guy happy. Let me know! Thank you.

There may be a couple folks rolling in before 9:00 if there's anything they'd like to get done; but most don't usually show up until 10'ish or so. I however am up and ready for anybody to show up at 7:00.

Now if we can just get 2 weeks of really nice weather. lol Old man Winter can take a hike for the year.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TripperMike" data-cid="1416364" data-time="1555034845"><p>

There may be a couple folks rolling in before 9:00 if there's anything they'd like to get done; but most don't usually show up until 10'ish or so. I however am up and ready for anybody to show up at 7:00.<br />

<br />

Now if we can just get 2 weeks of really nice weather. lol Old man Winter can take a hike for the year.</p></blockquote>

I hear you about the weather. This snow fall is just lame.

Maybe I'll arrive early and have a cup of coffee together then! I have to be back home by noon ish, so want to be able to maximize my time there. Will reach out the day before with exact time. Maybe roll in at around 8. I'll be your 1st :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll host it for as long as anyone hangs around. As a matter of fact, it was just last year I was hosting it the next day as well.
rolleyes.gif

The group starts thinning out around 2'ish or so; especially if they don't have anything to work on.

I'll host it for as long as anyone hangs around. As a matter of fact, it was just last year I was hosting it the next day as well.
rolleyes.gif

The group starts thinning out around 2'ish or so; especially if they don't have anything to work on.
thanks for the reply Mike. I'll probably make it early and stay to around Noon and head out. for now, planning to be up in your area around 8. Give us a head start hopefully to work on the Aux lights. If you want me in earlier, just saw the word lol. Thanks again. My 2nd riding season, excited to meet like minded FJR folks :) See you soon!

Well, 48 degrees for the high and rain looks like. We go from 70s and sunny to total BS on Saturday :(

Well ain't this weather just special. Previous 7 yrs we've always had pretty descent weather; I guess it was just time it wasn't descent for once.

Rain or shine, we'll be out by the shed grilling around noon'ish. So whether your ride in or drive in, it don't make no difference to me.

Mike

I have a few PMs inquiring as to when this starts. There is no official start time, however we prepare as though some may start rolling in around 8'ish. In the past, people will be rolling in between 8:00 and 10:00. Someone may roll in before 8 and others roll in after 10:00. It's all good.