Nowthen Tech Day 4/23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So after watching all these early birds planning their Tech Days (kudos to them) I see the date I wanted is still available.

This has been a great way for me to kick off a new riding season these past few years. Meet new friends and hang with old ones.

Usually we get some pretty bright folks swinging by to help with whatever. I can show you how to change tires the old fashion way, or someone might swing by with one of those new fangled tire changin' thinga ama jiggers. The menu has often consisted of burgers and brats and whatever anyone chooses to bring.

If you're new and need an address, PM me.

Fantastic guys.
biggrinsmiley.gif
Always good to share a day with y'all.

Rick you'll have to tell us about your epic trip you took last summer.

As for the menu, maybe it's in need of a little sprucing up. Perhaps some shrimp on the barbie?

Let me know if you need the address Scott, or if you'll be riding in with Marc. And Marc, you can drag along that nutty character Joe with ya. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic guys.
biggrinsmiley.gif
Always good to share a day with y'all.
Rick you'll have to tell us about your epic trip you took last summer.

As for the menu, maybe it's in need of a little sprucing up. Perhaps some shrimp on the barbie?

Let me know if you need the address Scott, or if you'll be riding in with Marc. And Marc, you can drag along that nutty character Joe with ya. lol
I'll let Joe know, oh and Scooby too....he just picked up a pearl white Ducati Monster 1200 in December so he's back on two wheels again.
clapping.gif

I'll let Joe know, oh and Scooby too....he just picked up a pearl white Ducati Monster 1200 in December so he's back on two wheels again.
clapping.gif
Great! It'll be good to see him riding again.

ugh! Mike, You know I would love to make this…The BL you are doing on your '05? What about your '17 plans, are you planning on another FJR in your garage?
You know you're always welcomed Tony. Even as a stopping point on the way up to or back from Deadhorse (hint hint).

Applying for and getting accepted to the Big Dance are 2 different things Tony. But most likely it'll be on the '05. She ain't a worn out ol' hag yet.

ugh! Mike, You know I would love to make this…The BL you are doing on your '05? What about your '17 plans, are you planning on another FJR in your garage?
You know you're always welcomed Tony. Even as a stopping point on the way up to or back from Deadhorse (hint hint).

Applying for and getting accepted to the Big Dance are 2 different things Tony. But most likely it'll be on the '05. She ain't a worn out ol' hag yet.
2 Months early for my June date.

I will tell you this though, I am going to turn the '08 into my LD bike and probably pick up a '16.

I will try and have the '08 ready for action and ride the checkpoints… just in case you need a back up.

Just need to convert the suspension over and build a mounting bracket for a gen 2.

I wounder if I still remember the way, if not autopilot will do.

I should have the new to me 2010 FJR in my garage this weekend. I will do my best to be there.
Hope to see you here and you can tell us how you like the bike. But of course you'll just be preaching to the choir.

I wounder if I still remember the way, if not autopilot will do.
I doubt you'd even need autopilot Ken. lol And you can let us know how you like your new seat.
smile.png

Its on my calendar Mike!

Edit: I've got a truck hitch mounted No-Mar I can bring if there is interest. Anyone got a valve shim kit and want to help me check valves on my '08?