Nowthen Tech Day 4/23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan on two more Tripper. I may have a new riding partner in tow. I am sure the boy will want to get in as much riding time as he can before he takes his test. You can look in awe at the farkled out FJ-09 we built up over the winter. I'll help out wherever I can...

Plan on two more Tripper. I may have a new riding partner in tow. I am sure the boy will want to get in as much riding time as he can before he takes his test. You can look in awe at the farkled out FJ-09 we built up over the winter. I'll help out wherever I can...
Awesome! New riding buds always welcomed.

Hey guys, wondering if anyone is planning on changing a tire? If not I'll leave the NoMar and truck at home and ride the FJR!

BTW, decided not to do the valves there... Not sure with the distractions if I'd actually have enough time to finish and I'd rather be social.

Doesn't sound like there will much tire changing going on, and even if there are a couple we can still do it the primitive way. Ride your bike.

A valve check doesn't take too long. Get here sorta early and the engine will cool down quick enough for us to tear it apart and screw it up.
rolleyes.gif

Also I've got a new valve cover gasket and o-rings for the coolant pipes if they're needed.

Looks like we'll have pretty good weather for that weekend, but I'd like to post this warning. During the winter the county gets a little crazy spreading sand on our road, so be careful on that semi-sharp left hander just before you get to my place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got new plugs and block-off plates and will get coolant and a nipple on my way into town. Not sure the cct and assorted gaskets and o-rings will get here in time, supposed to be here on the 21st so there is hope.

I'm hoping one of you guys is able to do a valve check....I'd like to observe the procedure
smile.png

I'm hoping one of you guys is able to do a valve check....I'd like to observe the procedure
smile.png
That was my hope too.

I too am most interested in Valve check lessons.
No worries about getting into a valve check. If no one wants to take a chance on their bike, we'll do a check on my bike then, it's probably due anyways. But I want to save that valve cover gasket in case any you folks need it first if need arises. Most of the time the gasket can be re-used. Sometimes they do break though.

A call out to NBB.........would you mind bringing your carb tune doohickey so we could do some TBSs?

I'll bring my Morgan pro. I am also hoping to see parts of a valve check, especially if a couple of shims need to be changed.

I would like to chat with someone willing to assist with a shim valve check in the future as well, I believe I have one that is slightly tickly.

What time is the Hoe Down, kicking off on Saturday. I have spousal approval but need to hammer out the timing.

Sadly I am out, headed to NOLA for work.
Bummer to hear Makkat. But I guess it is "work" that affords us the pleasures of motorcycling.

As they say, there's always the next time.

What time is the Hoe Down, kicking off on Saturday. I have spousal approval but need to hammer out the timing.
If there's anything you need to do to your bike, you might want to show up 8-9ish. If not, then it's up to you.

I'm an early riser so anytime in the morning works really.

If there's anything you need to do to your bike, you might want to show up 8-9ish. If not, then it's up to you.

I'm an early riser so anytime in the morning works really.
At this point, I am just coming to provide comic relief / a hand. I have everything done that I am going to do for a while. Just interested in meeting fellow riders and helping where I can. I do have a morgan carbtune, and a factory service manual. I wouldn't mind witnessing a throttle body sync.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a valve check, what should I bring? I plan on bringing a few tools....Valve gasket? Shims? Anything else? I presume that I can pick these items up at Moons in Monticello.

Bill

Latest posts