Nowthen Tech Day 4/23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"For a valve check, what should I bring?" A few wrenches and sockets perhaps, if you know what sizes you'll need. Other than that, nothing. You won't know what size shim(s) you will need until you've checked. Odds are you won't need any. Behmer has graciously offered to bring his shim kit so we are set there. If we need to use some, then we can replace them shortly afterwards. As for the gasket, I stated earlier that I have a new I picked up a few months back.......just in case. Again the odds are you will be able to re-use your old one.

For anyone planning on doing a valve check, plan on being an early bird to this gala event. And don't come with a full tank of gas either. If you do, my mower could always use the gas.
rolleyes.gif

EG you might want to bring yourself. Mostly because there are several selections to choose from.

I should have included a "j/k" about my mower needing gas. Maybe one day I'll host a mower Tech Day. Would be hilarious to watch you guys ride up on your mowers for one of those.

I am looking forward to attending the Tech Day and I am planning on arriving early so I can observe the valve adjust. Mine will be due for an adjustment at some point this season, but I will probably stretch the interval and do it over the next winter.

If any one has a mityvac would you be willing to bring it to the tech day. I would love to be able to flush my brakes and clutch the easy way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking forward to attending the Tech Day and I am planning on arriving early so I can observe the valve adjust. Mine will be due for an adjustment at some point this season, but I will probably stretch the interval and do it over the next winter.
If any one has a mityvac would you be willing to bring it to the tech day. I would love to be able to flush my brakes and clutch the easy way.
Gotcha covered. I've got one and will bring it along.

Mike, I am now a definite (maybe) for this shin-dig.

I have a request that MNFJR (who helped me tons last year) or others help me w/ a broken left mirror. ( I mighta dropped her)(I have a new mirror)

CU soon, Roger

I will bring some tools and thank you in advance for the help with the valve check and providing the potential parts needed. It looks like the weather is going to hold and am looking forward to meeting other FJR riders.

Bill

Oh boy, well another great Tech Day just completed.

I'd like to thank all the guys for coming out and willingly be lab rats for my "shrimp on the barbie". Up to this point in time, none have called back to say they have food poisoning, so I guess that's a good thing....right?

We changed a tire. I think Brant was impressed that it didn't take 3 times as long doing it the old fashion way as compared to a No-Mar. At least I don't think it did. A valve check was done, but I'll have to ask wftreg if any fluids were leaking by the time he got home. In our haste we didn't check things out prior to dropping his gas tank back on. Bill will need to get back with me on that with a status report.

New plastic was put on a '13 as well fashioning up a "new" mirror mount. And brake fluids were flushed for several attendees' steeds.

Thanks again guys for coming to help kick off another great riding season.

Thanks for hosting Mike.

It was great getting to meet everyone. Always surprised by how small of a world it is.

Mike, thank you for taking on the significant task of hosting something like this. The grilled shrimp were fantastic BTW!

Thanks for hosting today Mike.....first time I have been able to make it out. Great food and people! Wondering what the outcome was on Bill's valve check and wish I had the time to stay till it was done. IIRC he had about 44K and first time checking. Any need adjusting?

Brian

Mike,

Thanks for hosting the Tech day! Regarding the valve check, no adjustments were needed. My bike ran fine and experienced no leaks riding home.

Food and company were terrific.

It was great meeting everyone and I am looking forward to attending next year.

Bill

Beautiful day for a tech party Mike....make sure thank Joy for putting up with all the testosterone.
smile.png

Sorry I didn't make it, Mike. There were a bunch of people I would have liked to meet (and re-meet) there, but I went riding instead. I guess I'm a selfish pig. Nothing new there......

And yes, we're all awaiting pictures.

Ah that's ok SR, but your ride coulda led you a little further north. Perhaps next year then.

Not home right this second, but I will get some pics posted later on this afternoon.