Nowthen Tech Day 4/23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1390.jpg

One of the earlier attendees, Pat ( a local buddy of mine), came early so we could get his tire change out of the way. But with the help of Tiger_933, he also got his brake fluid flushed to boot.

IMG_1387.jpg

The "parking lot" was beginning to fill up by late morning.

IMG_1389.jpg

RogerDodger's son up to his elbows helping out pops with a little cosmetic make-over. I think most of us who looked at Roger's bike with it's newly acquired "character" were thinking to ourselves "been there, done that".

IMG_1392.jpg

Rogerdodger prepping the new plastic.

IMG_1425.jpg

NBB roaming about ready to help out with a TBS at a moments notice. Unfortunately there was so much other stuff going on that his services were never called upon.

IMG_1388.jpg

Seeing Tiger_993 and wftreg parked here under this sign made me wonder throughout the day, are they packing heat or ....not. I'll never know. But later in the afternoon when I was struggling to get wftreg's valve cover back on (darn gasket wouldn't stay on) I had expressed how I might never be able to get on, I heard wftreg growl "go ahead punk, make my day". His valve cover was securely in place shortly after.

to be continued........

Have you ever heard the phrase "if you put food out, they will come"? Well even if that addage doesn't work for me when applied to fishing, fortunately it does for a tech day.

IMG_1391.jpg

Joe2Lmaker and Scoobyvroom discussing which bike would come out on top between a Tiger 800 and a Ducati Monster on a quarter mile stretch......on a curvey section of......gravel road. I'd say it would be a coin toss myself.

Some more attendees:

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

And a couple of Big Dogs who showed they could munch down the food almost as easily as they can put down the miles.

DaJuice and Behmer

IMG_1431.jpg

If sychronized swimming can be an olympic sport, then so should sychronized eating.

IMG_1428.jpg

So was there shrimp on the menu or not? What say yea?

IMG_1432.jpg

OH HECK YEAH THERE WAS! And it wasn't so bad either. I think it'll be a new midwestern grilling staple around these here parts.

Oh and lest I forget, Gramps had something to say to SwollenRaccoon for his going out riding instead.

IMG_1396.jpg

A formal FJRforum salute. lol J/K Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike for a GREAT TECH SESSION!

You and your garage full of tools and friends got me patched up, fed up, and back on the road in grateful fashion.

My brother Dave says 'Thanks to Gramps' for the tailbag!

It's OK, Mike, I know Marc's anger stems from his decision to NOT go riding, although he did ride to your tech day. I really am sorry I didn't make it. Looks like good food and a lot of good people. Sure looked like fun. I'll see some of you guys at First Thursday sometime this summer. Maybe we can do a valve check in the parking lot at Dulono's!

Mike;

Thanks for hosting again, it just keeps getting bigger and better. It was great too see the faces behind more of the forum names as well.

You and Joy did an excellent job putting this together once again.

-K

I assisted at TripperMike with swearing and cussing so he could focus on what he was doing with the valve adjustment on my FJR. TipperMike is a wonderful and generous host with his home and skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are most welcome, and thank you all for showing up. If you hadn't, I'd be eating brats n shrimp for 2 weeks.

and on a side note.....what the frick happened to my photos???!!!

Unfortunately, it looks like Photobucket has screwed something up. Nobody's photos from Photobucket are working on the forum.