Nowthen Tech Day 4-26-14 (time to thaw out)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I might try to make this event this year. Might want to try playing with my suspension a little (stock 2013). I met Marc at SW Wisconsin last summer, along with a few other fine folks. Marc, I think you live not too far from me (Woodbury) and maybe I could follow you up there if it works out.
Yeah we can do that.

You mention "fine folks" and Marc??? You musta been drunk.
tonguesmiley.gif
I do make more friends with little alcohol.
winksmiley02.gif

Hey guys does anyone that is going to this have highway pegs on their bike. I would love to just sit on your bike to give them a try. I would also love to see how they clear the oil filter. I have been toying with the idea of highway pegs, but can't pull the trigger for various reasons. seeing them and being able to feel the leg position may sway me.

Hey guys does anyone that is going to this have highway pegs on their bike. I would love to just sit on your bike to give them a try. I would also love to see how they clear the oil filter. I have been toying with the idea of highway pegs, but can't pull the trigger for various reasons. seeing them and being able to feel the leg position may sway me.
Afraid I can't help out with that one. I've seen them on other FJRs, but the temptation to buy some was only momentary. Farkle money always ended up elsewheres.

Afraid I can't help out with that one. I've seen them on other FJRs, but the temptation to buy some was only momentary. Farkle money always ended up on beer.
You're welcome.

Afraid I can't help out with that one. I've seen them on other FJRs, but the temptation to buy some was only momentary. Farkle money always ended up on beer.
You're welcome.
You got that right bud. Cheers!
drinks.gif
& fried
poster_spam.gif
it's the Minnesota way.

(too bad that's not a can Spam he's waving)

I have highway pegs on mine - love 'em. I am planning to be there weather permitting and you are welcome to try them out..........they do a nice job of cooling the family jewels on a hot day !!

You're welcome.
You got that right bud. Cheers!
drinks.gif
& fried
poster_spam.gif
it's the Minnesota way.
(too bad that's not a can Spam he's waving)
Somebody say spam?

Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell does Fargo rate Black pepper spam? I seen like one can here 2 years ago!
Two weeks ago I was visiting a brother-in-law stuck in Rochester over the weekend who was getting the horrible news of lung cancer. Thought we would cheer him up and road trip to Austin MN to the world headquarters Spam museum. They had thirteen varieties of Spam for sale in the Spam Museum. Who knew? The Black Pepper Spam was actually pretty good and I have looked and there's no dang Black Pepper Spam for sale in Fargo. Guess I will have to swing through the Austin MN on the next trip to La Crosse to stock up on Black Pepper Spam.
rolleyes.gif

Looks like the spam can man is doing a little grab ass on my wife.

Ungggg Best wishes to the Bro-in law man.. That kinda news suks.
angry01.gif

But slap the shit outa spammy and grab all the black pepper. That stuff was pretty good!
nyam.gif

Looking like this is a real possibility for me this weekend! Planning to crash at Phil's on Friday night.

Hopefully it stays dry...

Shane

Is the driveway in front of the shed still a soggy sponge?

Looks like I should be able to stop by for a while, as I did a lake check last weekend, and the ice was within 5-20' from shore yet.

The drive seems to be drying out nicely. A couple spots where you don't want to put the kickstand down at without something underneath, but overall pretty solid.

Forecast calls for cloudy and mid 50's. Not too shabby. And no ticks spotted yet!

The weather forcast for Friday afternoon is improving (63 mostly sunny, 10% chance of showers) for my Zalusky advanced riding school class. My son has bailed out on me so I will be coming to the cities alone. I am planning on booking a room and will stop in and say hi Saturday morning. Since my son isn't coming I won't need to pull the trailer and will probibly just throw theThe Ducati in the back of the pickup and I won't have the FJR along.

Thats too bad cause I would have liked to have recieved guidance on tire removal & replacement. I think I am going to throw a new rear tire on before heading to SW-FOG in the end of May.