Nowthen Tech Day IX April 25th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This day has become something Joy and myself look forward to each Spring.

A day to gather with friends at the start of each riding season.  Yes there will be some wrenching to be had, tires to be changed, and farkles to be talked about.  But more importantly fellowship with friends.  

Generally this is a one day event, but accommodations can be made for anyone traveling from afar.

I see you again looked at my work schedule and made sure to have your great event on a work day for me.  I think you and Joy are trying to tell me something. 😉

Great that you still do this event.  I'll have to see what I can do. It's been too long.

Keep having these and eventually I will make it. I have my tech day in April too, though, so that may have to be adjusted.
Haha  You keep having yours and I may just have to come out to it. 

With so little response to this thread, my hosting tech days may be winding down to a conclusion soon.  It's been fun though.

NNNNOOOOooooooooo ... don't say like that .  

I'm in.   Maybe I'll bring some Corona (beer) and Lime (not disease). 

Seriously, I still can't get my rear brake lever hard.  Maybe some help on the front caliper bleed can get it up for me.       

CU soon, roger

Hi Mike, I'm in, plan on attending-misses said it's fine with her. I could do the steering head bearing check and brake/clutch fluid flush. I'm sure there are other items but I enjoy the social aspect of your meet to much to get tied up tinkering.

Nbb

-K

Just stating the obvious here, but there will not be a Tech Day in Nowthen this year.

The way things are shaping up with this pandemic, I'm not even sure there's going to be much riding either.

Stay well friends and be careful out there.

Just stating the obvious here, but there will not be a Tech Day in Nowthen this year.

The way things are shaping up with this pandemic, I'm not even sure there's going to be much riding either.

Stay well friends and be careful out there.
Thanks for trying Mike.  Hopefully there will be fewer obstacles next year.

Take care!

Well mike, if social distancing needs to happen, if the other side of a gas pump far enuf away? I could think of a place or two to see some sights If so give me a call, lets get some fresh air.

Mike,

Thanks for the update. With the recent events, I wondered if the tech day would be possible. Guess not, like everything else. I guess it's not the big things that derail us, just a tiny virus that stops the world. Kind of hard to kill it, considering it's not a living thing. Just a damn mutant protein. 

No Arkansas event for me either. That was also cancelled. 

I'm one of those folks in the high risk category. Looks like I'll be confined to home for a while. I did get to ride some last week. 

I'll let you know if we get to go to Coon Lake. Should be there for Memorial Day weekend. Hope to be there by 5/20. I'll let you know. There's plenty of room for distancing.

Mike,

I am not surprised at the tech day being canceled.  The virus is keeping us from gathering, especially within the next month or so.  I expect to be out and about when the Governor lifts the orders to remain at home.  I have a 1995 Miata that needs front end work (new timing gear) and so I will work on that starting pretty soon.  Keep well my friend and hope to see you about.

Bill

Who says the Tripper Mike tech day must be in Spring?  (I suppose Mike could).  Don't give up yet!  

Just speaking for me, I work a schedule that seems to make sure tech day is a work day, but there is always hope.  And I forget to check the forum so I frequently miss notifications.  So Mike, don't take a lack of response as a lack of desire.  Your get together is always a good time!