Number 240 Is....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

networkguy

Reaction score
IN MY GARAGE!

20121130_193538-1.jpg

Very, very preliminary impressions....love the new display layout...suspension seems firmer, more accurate...noticibly smoother overall (less vibration). So far (again, very very preliminary impression) the biggest difference between touring and sport mode is on take off and gear shifting. In touring, much much smoother. Although, didnt notice any difference in get-up-and-go once moving. Color is sexy! Kind of in between silver and grey.

Damage: $15,300, no setup or freight charges, $440 4 year YES. Pretty good IMHO.

Cool pic. I wish we had an on/off or "auto" headlight switch and could run those as our DRL's.

The question is: Can we buy the European part of the wire harness that converts the lights to the Euro style? What is the part number?

My old '92 BMW K100RS had the Euro part, with the switches, retrofitted adn I could leave the lights off if I chose.

There is (most likley) a single wire harness branch that Yamaha changes between the Euro spec and the US spec bikes.

Waahhhh...meanies!

*chuckle*

Just got back from a quick night time ride...man..either it's like i mentioned at the gathering a couple weeks ago to a few of you (that i think i just got a bad 09) or this is a very improved bike. Wifey and i will do a couple hundred miles tomorrow.

The question is: Can we buy the European part of the wire harness that converts the lights to the Euro style? What is the part number?

My old '92 BMW K100RS had the Euro part, with the switches, retrofitted adn I could leave the lights off if I chose.

There is (most likley) a single wire harness branch that Yamaha changes between the Euro spec and the US spec bikes.
Euro bike don't have a switch to switch the headlight off any more, they are on all the time (controlled by the ECU). The early 2001/2 Euro FJRs had a headlight switch but since 2003 they removed it.
sadsmiley.gif

Euro bike don't have a switch to switch the headlight off any more, they are on all the time (controlled by the ECU). The early 2001/2 Euro FJRs had a headlight switch but since 2003 they removed it.
sadsmiley.gif
I am sure one of you guys will figure out how to install a by pass switch.