NYD Ride North(west) Coast Style

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarWestFastEddie

Reaction score
Happy New Year All!

Getting this report in today, on time and only 1 martini down.

So, today dawned very clear in Eureka! California, first day with no frost and no wind, I spent sat crabbing with a buddy on the ocean, lauching at 7am on frosty docks, today was much nicer. Watched the Niners do all they could do to lose and not lose a game, 1pm came, I fired up the bike for the first ride in three days, and the first of the year.

Eureka temp were 60 deg,a very warm New Years Day, I headed south to Fortuna, temp was 64 deg, so warm, I proceeded to go to the brewery, have a California Blonde and watch the Raiders prepare to roll over so the Chargers could scratch their tummies. I headed back home with total ride time of 1 hr, had 1 beer, two hugs from the brewery staff and no salted nuts.

This is my ride report for Jan 1, 2012, and I'm sticking too it.

FWFE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey... how about a *spoiler* alert, now I might as well go ahead and erase the niner game I was going to watch. :p BTW, this thread really needs some photographic evidence that you actually left the best brewery behind you in Eureka (Lost Coast) to go to Fortuna? :eek:

Not to get into a brewery pissing match here, but they all suck as far as I am concerned, so leaving one suckie brewery for another suckie brewery 16 miles away and 4 degrees warmer is a wash, to get hugs from the staff at Eel River makes up for the flat assed ale they pawn off as craft brewed. Do not get me started on why brewerys call ale beer and beer ale...... I guess I am a beer snob, (Lagerlout). Eel River has better wait staff.

locals know this shit....

FWFE