OEM Gen 1/Gen 2 Rear Rack Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcal rider

Reaction score
Anyone able to confirm or deny if the stock rear rack bolt spacing and pattern is the same between gen 1 and gen 2? I'm looking (online) at a rack that specifies Gen 2, but the bolt pattern sure looks similar to the Gen 1.
Thanks in advance.

No idea, but givi wouldn't make different top case racks just for fun

I should have been more specific. I was looking at this rack on e-bay:

https://tinyurl.com/yc3n9b5e

The three attaching points seem to have the same pattern as the subframe on the gen 1.
You mean a triangle? Yes, the mounting point on Gen 1 and Gen 2 are both triangles, but spaced differently and may have different stand-off or other sized spacers. I'd go with the note on the eBay items that it fits from 2006-2014. If you don't have those years of a bike, don't get it.

Alternatively, ask the seller for specfic mounting point dimensions, offsets, etc. and measure what I presume is a Gen 1 bike of year 2005 or earlier? I would note that their up to 2014 note is a bit odd and believe the rack spacing and dimensions have been the same 2006-present.

You mean a triangle? Yes, the mounting point on Gen 1 and Gen 2 are both triangles, but spaced differently and may have different stand-off or other sized spacers. I'd go with the note on the eBay items that it fits from 2006-2014. If you don't have those years of a bike, don't get it.

Alternatively, ask the seller for specfic mounting point dimensions, offsets, etc. and measure what I presume is a Gen 1 bike of year 2005 or earlier? I would note that their up to 2014 note is a bit odd and believe the rack spacing and dimensions have been the same 2006-present.I
I did ask seller for more info. No dice. Lame excuse, selling parts based on no physical part in stock, with no way to measure. What a crock of b.s. I'll pass.
Thank you everyone for time spent/wasted. Let's put this to rest.
Jay