Oem Parts In Stock Anywhere?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windjammer

Reaction score
I've read several posts about people having to wait a long time to obtain parts from Yamaha for the FJR. I recently had to order a couple of items myself and found no dealers with the parts I needed in stock. In my case, they were able to ship the stuff within a few days, but others have reported longer waits.

Has anyone found a dealer with parts in stock, or is there a warehouse location one could order from? Closest dealer to me is over an hour away, so I ship it all in and don't care where I order from. If I need it fast, I ship it Next Day Air.

I'm not upset about waiting a few days for my current order, just looking for more options should the need arise later.

I have found that to be the case regularly so I order everything from Gary McCoy at University Motors. Better prices and it is shipped to my door.

Here is the information for Gary. I also recommend using him for Yamaha and non Yamaha parts. Great prices, fast service for everything I've wanted so far.

Our contact for the group discount at University Motors is Gary McCoy. Contact Gary by email (preferred) or phone to place order or for order related questions. Gary's email address is [email protected] and the University Motors business phone number is 701-235-6478 (ask for Gary). Please provide the following information:

Link to site: https://vmaxoutlaw.com/university_motors.htm

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited FJRGoodies.com (Sunnyside, Wa.). I asked for some of the 'push-pin' fasteners and the 3 orings used to seal the cooling system, when doing a valve inspection.

They had these 'fast-moving' parts in stock!

I think, it depends on what the parts are, and how big the dealership is, as to weather you will find certain parts 'on the shelf'.

I wouldnt expect a dealership that sold a couple of FJR's to stock, electrical or body parts.

These types of parts eat a dealships parts budget, and are slow to leave (if ever) the shelf. :rolleyes:

I agree that it would not be possible from an inventory perspective for the dealers to stock a wide variety of parts for the FJR or for all but the most common models. When I contacted several different dealers looking for stuff, they all said they could get it in a couple of days. So there must be a parts warehouse or central location that the dealers acquire from, or drop ship from.

If one could buy direct from said warehouse, it might save time and money. Just looking to see if anyone's been down this road.