Off-Road: Innovation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
Yamaha WR450F: What a great bike, tons of power, great handling and now the addition of the newest Rekluse CORE EXP 3.0 Clutch and the Rekluse Left-Hand Rear Brake Lever featuring a separate hydraulic Caliper that offers real power to the rear brake while still maintaining the same foot pedal.

20150127_151955_zps94103791.jpg

20150127_151947_zpsa1d168ae.jpg

20150127_151941_zps98a8a2fb.jpg

That is the bike Yamaha should be selling in the US. Many of us Americans are too big for a two fiddy.
... and many of us Canadians who fit a 2-fitty just fine but still want a a 4-fitty.

I keep looking at the new WR250F and think that would kick-ass, then I remember I'm 54 and lack the physical fitness to ride it anywhere close to it's potential. Then having visions of being off ANY bike for extended period of times waiting for bones to heal.

It's that the older I get, the fast I was thing.

Perfection! Impossibly tight right hand switchbacks now possible. Give us an update on the learning curve on that lhrb.

I feel ya Bungie! I was asking myself the same thing when I had my XR650. Kept it 8 months before I relinquished myself to the fact that I wasn't 25 anymore and parted with it. Of course Big-D is no spring chicken either so we'll see if he can keep up with the Big Boys.<br /><br />I'm sure that WR is tons of fun, though.

JEALOUS ME

Rekluse on dirt bike-FJR an AE?

My last dirt bike was a well farkled WR400f. The most favored farkle was the street tag.

Not sure I grasp the concept of the lefthand rear brake? Then again, I seem to recall Mick Doohan using a right thumb rear brake.

The Rekluse has saved me on many more than one occasion, was very easy getting used to and now I can't imagine riding off road without it. Now being used to it and knowing how to use its potential second nature, even having downhill engine braking still works exceptional well.

The left hand rear brake level is much more appreciated than one would expect. While still having full rear brake pedal the same, the left hand brake lever comes in very handy while desending long steep hills and especially well while making tight turns in switchbacks & during those times when climbing a hill, having to avoid traffic you have caught up to creating the need to stop and not facing the slide in reverse.

Over all, both parts are expensive, but I had a few hundred worth of points accumulated on my Rocky Mountain ATC/MC account, so both Rekluse parts were in my sights.

And now that I am barely a year before reaching 60, using Don as an example, falls do hurt more now than they used to. But riding with my friend Chris, who does not know the meaning of the word fear, my technical skills and my nerve have improved greatly.

Nothing beats having nearly 50 hp in a 260-275 lb. package
smile.png
The "Flipside" of the Rekluse is on a ride recently, a nooby to the Rekluse was having starting/idling issues (yours truly lent a leg more than once) and during one of the many restarts literally wheelied right toward my son on his KTM. Luck had it that he chopped the throttle and dropped the front end, after which the bike fell away from my son, instead of toward him. I rode it once and yes, I can see the attraction, but it does take some getting used to. However, I am familiar with using a LHRB as they're old news, I had one on my Trail 90 as a kid!
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts