Official 2009 EOM Announcement!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! September is always a bad month to get away from work :angry: (not to mention it's the weekend of the, Shave yer Anus at Home Convention....

Oh well...Maybe someday when I get Older, or hit the Lottery :rolleyes:

:jester:
Look, fishbait, you already bailed on us las year. How 'bout you just get your shit together and bring your sorry ass to Tennessee.

Sheesh.
Nuttin personal Dave,

I'd considered going South ta see some folks but....................Since 'The Great Forum Divide" an all the shit tossed this way, I've decided CFO is more suited to me.. Funny it was "on the books" prior to EMO..

I figure all I'd do is bust a few jackasses in the chops for being dumb fuks for dissin this place.. What's the point?

I'll save "bail" $$ and see a few that still remember what It's all aboot.

CFO. EMO. "bail" $$. Speak English boy.

When are you coming to MY house? I wanna show you something.

CFO. EMO. "bail" $$. Speak English boy.When are you coming to MY house? I wanna show you something.

Already seen it weiner boy!!

Howies a wonderful host

gay-pride-sisters07.jpg

Sounds like you've found your calling Bust? laugh.gif

Umm. Yer gonna call me? I don't do that for "just anybody" you have to make it worth my while :p

Hotel Rez done - See you guys there.

Huh? How'd you do that?

It hasn't been announced which hotel it will be in yet... :blink:

Just booked at a Johnson City hotel of choice . . .

Ah, well. Unless you are cashing some marriott reward points or something, keep an eye on the web page. The group rate is usually a pretty good deal, plus you get to hang out with all the really cool kids... ;)

Hotel Rez done - See you guys there.

Huh? How'd you do that?

It hasn't been announced which hotel it will be in yet... :blink:

Just booked at a Johnson City hotel of choice . . .

Ah, well. Unless you are cashing some marriott reward points or something, keep an eye on the web page. The group rate is usually a pretty good deal, plus you get to hang out with all the really cool kids... ;)
Points . . . Otherwise I'd love to be at "the" place. Can't pass up the free stay.

Points . . . Otherwise I'd love to be at "the" place. Can't pass up the free stay.
Ah, well I can understand the use of a free room. I hope it turns out to be very close by. Socializing in the parking lot is a good part of the fun, and it normally involves consumption of alcohol. :drinks:

Yee Haw!

hmmm....that is only 3 weeks after my wife will be giving birth. Maybe, just maybe it will work out, since her parents live in Knoxville.

Hot damn! Been away for a few weeks and come back to this! Thanks Jason! Now, if I can just get the bike back on the road . . . Audi R7 SUV . . . . cut the corner too sharp at a 4 way . . . . twisted up my front end two days ago . . . knocked me ass over teacups . . . nothin' that can't be fixed!

Seriously, I've ridden 585 miles in a day trip to laconia and back. with pit stops and such and I enjoyed it thoroughly and wasn't sore or stiff (much). So...... It's about 875 miles from me to EOM2009 which I figure is about 13.5 to 14.5 hours of riding. Am I kidding myself that I can hop on and do it with a few pit stops here and there. Or am I setin' up to get myself killed, and should just plan a 2 day commute down there?

My Dream Plan would be leave home (forever...... :rolleyes: oh wait , wrong forum), 2 days before git'r'done in a day, rest a day, meet and greet and eat, and ride for the weekend, And then I suppose I'd have to return home at the end. I'm gonna do my best to do this this year. It's a long trip to go alone so maybe some others from Northeast like MA RI or NH would like to Convoy. Breaker breaker this is rubber ducky come on.... foot tappin music

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, I've ridden 585 miles in a day trip to laconia and back. with pit stops and such and I enjoyed it thoroughly and wasn't sore or stiff (much). So...... It's about 875 miles from me to EOM2009 which I figure is about 13.5 to 14.5 hours of riding. Am I kidding myself that I can hop on and do it with a few pit stops here and there. Or am I setin' up to get myself killed, and should just plan a 2 day commute down there?
My Dream Plan would be leave home (forever...... :rolleyes: oh wait , wrong forum), 2 days before git'r'done in a day, rest a day, meet and greet and eat, and ride for the weekend, And then I suppose I'd have to return home at the end. I'm gonna do my best to do this this year. It's a long trip to go alone so maybe some others from Northeast like MA RI or NH would like to Convoy. Breaker breaker this is rubber ducky come on.... foot tappin music
DC,

My suggestion would be to plan on a 2 day ride down and 2 days back. That is what I did last year to EOM in WV and it makes the trip enjoyable rather than such a "challenge". By breaking it into 2 full days I was able to make a route down that never touched the interstate. Covered lots of nice back roads instead. Much more relaxing, lots more scenery, and no need for a recovery day when you get there.

The challenge (for all of us from New England) is getting clear of that huge festering sore of humanity (NYC and E. NJ). Riding a motorcycle down I95 or the Garden State Parkway would be more like torture than anything approaching fun (to me). The trick is to start your trip by heading due West, then drop down through Upstate NY and head SW thru PA from there.

I'm not sure what my exact ride plans to EOM will be yet. It's too far out to even contemplate. And the trip to JoCy is a bit further than it was to Lewisburg, so I'll probably use some of the less heavily traveled interstates away from the coast to make-up time in some sections. But it will probably be something like that, arriving on Friday evening.

I'm headed down a few days early as well. I plan on hitting the Skyline in Front Royal, then down the Blue Ridge Parkway, into the Smokey Mnts. Gonna do some moto-camping and make it an adventure!!

I'm headed down a few days early as well. I plan on hitting the Skyline in Front Royal, then down the Blue Ridge Parkway, into the Smokey Mnts. Gonna do some moto-camping and make it an adventure!!
Your going to need more that a couple of days if you are doing the skyway and BRP. JMO. Someday i plan on doing those roads also but its a lot to see. Just doing the BRP would take 4 days IMO. If you have the time why not.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.