Official SW-FOG 2014 Announcement: 5/29 THU-6/1 SUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As soon as Jeff and J show up, we're gonna get fuel and head out. Should be any minute.

C is not going, so I will be by myself. Daughter has softball games, C has meetings, and it just didn't work. Oh well...See you all soon.

We have arrived! nice cool temps the WHOLE way from Camp Verde!
yahoo.gif

I've had plans for months to be outa town for this week and weekend but ended trip early and just got back home tonight and registered for this event. So in the morning I'll see if I can get a room for Friday and sat. I won't make Fridays ride but one organized on Sat is better than none! I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow FJR riders but hope I'm able to get a room this late in the game?

We have arrived! nice cool temps the WHOLE way from Camp Verde!
yahoo.gif
+1, Gunny; what a pleasure being out of the Arizona hot box, the weather is absolutely perfect here in Silver City. HotRodZilla is leading the Devil's Highway '666' Ride at 0830, we have some many FJR's we are going to have to break the group into four segments. Herr Petey will lead the Racer Hares, Son Seth and Papa Chuy will lead the Slow Turtles! Fun party in the parking lot last night, lots of whiskey and beer was consumed along with some great moto conversations!

I've had plans for months to be outa town for this week and weekend but ended trip early and just got back home tonight and registered for this event. So in the morning I'll see if I can get a room for Friday and sat. I won't make Fridays ride but one organized on Sat is better than none! I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow FJR riders but hope I'm able to get a room this late in the game?
We are all looking forward to meeting you Yatzee426, I will ask pegscraper Ed to add you to the Saturday evening dinner roster. On Saturday morning my Son Seth and I are riding NM15 up to the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument and back on NM35 to NM152, planning on a lunch stop in Hillsboro before heading back to the Silver City Econolodge. We are in Room 220, check in with us for the ride departure details on 5/31.

pegscraper Ed please add Yatzee 426 to the dinner list count, he will be arriving this evening 5/30 from Phoenix.

Dinner List Amended at 0630 hours on 5/20!

The Jalisco Cafe: SW-FOG 2014 Group Dinner Reservation is set for 5pm on Saturday, May 31. jes' sayin' and nuff said! https://www.sw-fog.com

1) BeemerDonS aka El Robusto
2) Seth Stanley
3) Miss Donna
4) Maria Elena - MEM
5) Pegscraper
6) MCRIDER007
7) AZGman
8 Bob F
9) PK
10) Back Road Bob
11) Dashbaw
12) blujfr
13) ThesZsdad
14) Abercrombie FJR
15) GalaxyBlue aka Fat Bastard
16) Herr Peter - Jawohl, Arnie
17) HotRodZilla - AJ
18) Mrs. HRZ - "C"
19) Fontanaman
20) Big-D

21) Z-Bear

22) zzzzip

23) Chris Martin

24) Bwana Dik

25) Bambi

26) Yatzee426

PLEASE NOTE: You must respond by Saturday, May 24 at 2PM Arizona time (Same as CA now, Pacific!) if you want to be added to this list. You may either respond in this thread and Papa Chuy Viejo will amend the list as needed. Or feel free to contact Señor Medina at [email protected]" or 480-440-4666.

I will call/email Ed exactly a week from today with the Final Jalisco Cafe Roster, you snooze and you lose if you don't respond in a week's time from now ese!

ATTENTION SW-FOG 2014 ATTENDEES!

Tomorrow, Saturday May 31, we will be taking the Official Group Photograph at 4:30pm; location is outside of the north entry to the Econolodge, wear your SW-FOG 2014 shirts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow, Saturday May 31, we will be taking the Official Group Photograph at 5:30pm; location is outside of the north entry to the Econolodge, wear your SW-FOG 2014 shirts!
Decisions......Decisions......Group dinner at 5:00 PM or Group Picture at 5:30 PM. Maybe if I eat really fast and run a couple of red lights I can do both.

Tomorrow, Saturday May 31, we will be taking the Official Group Photograph at 4:30pm; location is outside of the north entry to the Econolodge, wear your SW-FOG 2014 shirts!
Decisions......Decisions......Group dinner at 5:00 PM or Group Picture at 5:30 PM. Maybe if I eat really fast and run a couple of red lights I can do both.
Thanks Steve, Correction has been made!

Official SW-FOG 2014 Group Photo will be taken by Fontanaman Jim in the North parking lot of the Econolodge at 4:30pm, please wear your Rally Shirts!

At 5pm! Okay now, I did some checking for good dinner grub and The Jalisco Cafe at 100 S Bullard St, Silver City for great New Mexico style Mexican food was highly recommended for large groups but reservations must be made soon for a head count. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60831-d511980-Reviews-The_Jalisco_Cafe-Silver_City_New_Mexico.html

Official SW-FOG Rally Photos.

Thanks to AJ an Don for herding the cats.

IMG_0960.JPG

The group expressing appreciation to the SW-FOG organizers and others!

IMG_0967.JPG

pegscraper Ed's exact words: "BeemerDonS is that an extremely large banana in your pocket, or are you just really glad to see me at SW-FOG once again!"

10356764_10202769507333612_4068964447270421521_n.jpg

Once again, many thanks to ALL participants for making this another great SW-FOG! Excellent riders with NO incidents and friendly folks enjoying fantastic conversations!

A special shoutout of thanks to AJ - HotRodZilla: 'Zilla was an exemplary Ride Leader and ramrodded the SW-FOG Shirt Production and Distribution. Muchas gracias, AJ!

A new thread will start tomorrow for SW-FOG 2015 and the featured location will be Kanab, Utah. The dates will be May 29-31 and there are a dozen great riding routes!

Latest posts