Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Colorado roads should I be trying?
I've found you can't go wrong with any of the dotted "scenic" roads shown on the Rand McNally Road Atlas maps. Always worked for me anyway.

Although Colorado 92 north from 50 is not dotted---- it's still my favorite quite ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was doing this ride when I broke my leg in Creede. Gets most all the good roads: anyway, if you do this ride, you will be in Colo. for at least a week.
3FNITPV.jpg

I think you mean 108 over the Sierras? And yes it is awesome! Did you ride up Pikes Peak or Mt Evans in Colorado?
Corrected. Not going to do Pikes Peak or Mt. Evans. I'm in Gunnison tonight and have to head home tomorrow. Today I rode the Million Dollar Highway and I discovered CO-114 which was a hoot.

TS, don't worry about what you might have missed. There's tons of good roads in CO. Sounds like you hit a few, which is always a good plan.

Have fun.

It's the ride itself that I enjoy the most and I don't have much interest in the tourist attractions, I've been a photography buff for 50 years but when I'm traveling on a MC I rarely pull out a camera because it interferes with the ride.

I'm leaving Gunnison this morning and will have to put up with the boring roads of eastern Colorado and Kansas and then overnight in Kearney, Nebraska before making my way home to Illinois on Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

It's the ride itself that I enjoy the most and I don't have much interest in the tourist attractions, I've been a photography buff for 50 years but when I'm traveling on a MC I rarely pull out a camera because it interferes with the ride.
I'm leaving Gunnison this morning and will have to put up with the boring roads of eastern Colorado and Kansas and then overnight in Kearney, Nebraska before making my way home to Illinois on Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
TS there is a nice Super8 in Kearney, IIRC on 8th just north of the Interstate.

Well shoot, I just loged on to the forum and caught this conversation. Wish I had known you were coming to Colorado I could have shown you around and given you a place to stay right at the base of the Black Canyon (hw 92) Always looking for someone new to ride with.

I'm putting my ride schedule together for next year and need to know the date and location for SWFOG 2016. Good times and great friends all of you. Lets keep the good time rolling.