Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr & Mrs hotrodzilla
Thank you. I still like it even if it does have Zilla in it.
coolsmiley02.gif

Made it to Casa Grande Yesterday only an hour from Tucson, after seeing temperatures of 106-112* for the last 200 mile stick a fork in me, I was DONE. Found a cold motel room. Had a pleasant ride to my daughters home this morning.

*Wife always said my attitude was going to send me straight to Hell. Well I got a preview Yesterday riding across the flats of Arizona.

I took a few pics.

My trip down to SWFOG started on Wednesday, traveling to Ely to meet up with some folks headed to Cedar City for that event. I learned one thing, when you see a wall of "rain" in the distance and then ride through it, it might actually be hail, and it hurts like hell to ride through that stuff!! The stupid thing is that I rode through two of these that day!! Not to mention several big regular old rain storms.

To be honest, the ride to Ely sucked, due to weather and construction, but Hey! I made it. The next morning I rode down to the Prospector Hotel to meet the folks headed to SWFOG. I've never attended a big FJR event before, so I was a bit apprehensive to meet a bunch of folks I didn't know. Upon pulling into the parking lot, I saw a bunch of peeps standing around motorcycles, and then I saw this:

Upon shutting off my bike I could see and hear that this rider was holding the ears of the cow and making revving motorcycle sounds. My apprehension subsided and I thought maybe I might fit in with this group!!??? Perhaps this person will post his helmet go pro video of his cow ride for the forum to enjoy??

Anyway, after awhile, everybody got their "stuff" together and we headed south, after a couple of hours stopping for a break at Miller Point, which overlooks a part of Cathedral Gorge, Nevada State Park.

Following this break, we headed to Cedar City, arriving at around 2:00 or so. Later on four of us made plans to ride Hwy 12 and part of the Burr trail the following day, here's Gregory, Rich, and John at the overlook where one can see the beginning of the real fun part of that road.

Here's the bikes parked where we turned around on the Burr Trail:

On the way back we stopped at an overlook to check out Cedar Breaks, it was cold and snowy up there. Here's the crew:

Here's part of the view we were checking out, looking down toward Cedar City:

The following day I headed over to Page to see my daughter and had a great ride there and back, hooking up with Michael and Doug to ride back over 14 to Cedar City. Upon return, it sounded like I missed a real exciting ride (according to Petey), led by John to Kolob Reservoir!!! Petey's bike looked a little different after that ride though?????

I was sorry I missed that adventure.

It was a great time, and many thanks to the organizers. The T shirt looks great too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed a real exciting ride (according to Petey), led by John to Kolob Reservoir!!! Petey's bike looked a little different after that ride though?????

I was sorry I missed that adventure.

It was a great time, and many thanks to the organizers. The T shirt looks great too!
Ouch! That Band Aid makes it look painful. I assume Petey is unharmed or we would have heard about it.

Made it home today. (Even though I probably had one of the shortest rides home, I made some stops to see family)

Sorry for the others troubles, that blows goats.

It was cool to finally meet some peeps in person, even if some of you didnt like the sheep I brought to the party, I still had a blast.

Home this afternoon after a quick trip from Colorado Springs.

What a great weekend and what great people to spend it with, then there are the fantabulous roads of SW Utah.

Thanks again to all who helped put this on.

Hope to see all of you in Spearfish 25-28 June!!!

erixun, Fly Bye, lidja, festar, BigJohn, Tyler, Deb, Silverstreak, Abercrombie, Denes's friend Dan on the Tenere. On the way back into Cedar City from Long Valley Jct. Lydia ditched the group and I chased her back on 14. Deb says she really flies on that NInja!

Thanks Tyler, correction made.

RPrice is actually Bob / Fly Bye. :)

erixun, RPrice, lidja, festar, BigJohn, Tyler, Deb, Silverstreak, Abercrombie, Denes's friend on the Tenere. Sorry I forgot your name. On the way back into Cedar City from Long Valley Jct. Lydia ditched the group and I chased her back on 14. Deb says she really flies on that NInja!

petey hates gravel and doesn't follow me anywhere gravel occurs. Was he out of his frickin mind? What sort of peyote did y'all have him smoke?

Sorry to hear petey's bike got rashed...but glad to hear he's okay. I will want to hear this story sometime...I'll bug him at the next get together.

(I know it is bothering petey to no end to see bandaids on his bike though.)

petey hates gravel and doesn't follow me anywhere gravel occurs. Was he out of his frickin mind? What sort of peyote did y'all have him smoke?
Sorry to hear petey's bike got rashed...but glad to hear he's okay. I will want to hear this story sometime...I'll bug him at the next get together.

(I know it is bothering petey to no end to see bandaids on his bike though.)
Skip the zzzip said our Herr Petey only said one single word: Schiesse!