Ohlins USA Facility Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Gary - BentAero - has been gratious enough to offer a tour of the Ohlins facility in Hendersonville on Friday, 21 Sept 2012 for the EOM crowd. This has been on the schedule, but we need to get a head count of riders who want take the tour. I'm telling you, there is some serious eye candy in this place (suspension wise). Ohlins is only a few minutes away from the hotel.

For anyone interested, post up here. Gary will be ready for us at 8:30, so we can grab breakfast and then ride over. Once we're done, we can pick up one of the routes and get some riding in. I'll take a look at one of the shorter loops and adjust it to fit the time we'll have left for the day.

EDIT - additional info.

Fast Bike Industries and Continental Tires will have displays at Harper Cycle on Friday after the Ohlin's Tour. As mentioned, David from Fast Bike Ind. will be available to discuss the benefits of bike suspension set up and assist with suspension adjustment.

Jeff Reid of Continental Tires will be there as well, with swag (hats) for anyone who stops by. Jeff has also offered a free front tire to the first five EOM riders who purchase a rear Continental Road Attack tire from Harper Cycles. One set is already spoken for. Jud Merrell at Harper Cycle is the point of contact to get that set up. Jud is the Parts and Service Manager at Harper Cycle. This is a great deal and many thanks to Mr. Reid & Continental as well as Jud at Harper Cycle.

Harper Cycle is near the EOM hotel. They are open until 5:30 on Friday and 9am to noon on Saturday. They have tires in stock should anyone need them along with Yamaha certified mechanics if anyone has a sick FJR.

Jud is also the point of contact for Sportbikes 4 Hire (www.sportbikes4hire.com) - a motorcycle rental company in Hendersonville. Want to take a R1 or a C14 for a spin? Call Jud.

Wayne

Edit 9-19-12 - Attendee list (15 so far).

Extrememarine

BlueRidgeFJRider

Larry33319

Susan (with Larry33319)

BlindSquirrel

MajicMaker

TheZsdad

Gbranson

Caba

Vabrzn

Fialdj

BullCBX

winewhisperer

Archer_1

Huron52

yamafitter

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, potentially expensive...

I can tell you that upgrading the suspension has been the single best investment I've made on the bike. The FJR in stock trim is extremely good over such a wide range of use - solo to loaded 2up. It does very well considering. Upgrade the suspension, and it is unbelievable how well the bike can be oven fully loaded 2-up. My set up is tuned for that end of the spectrum - I needed improvement when the bike was at the upper end of the load limit. Now, it actually is more comfortable when it's loaded. Solo loaded is great as well, but it can be a little still (which is due to the spring I'm running). Truely worth every penny.

Keep in mind, you need to balance the bike. If you throw high end bling at the rear, you'll need to balance the front as well.

think of it as something to fill in the time while Harpers changes your bald tires...

...Jud is also the point of contact for Sportbikes 4 Hire (www.sportbikes4hire.com) - a motorcycle rental company in Hendersonville. Want to take a R1 or a C14 for a spin? Call Jud.

Wayne
Don't be telling me this Wayne. :)