Oil Filler Cap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUNNY

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get an oil filler cap that can lock on the FJR? With an expensive bike like that, you don't want people putting things in your engine, like they did with my Varadero. I found sand in it. Engine seized up. Can't be going through that again.

Oil Filler Cap

ya10_09_004_51.jpg

Does anyone know where to get an oil filler cap that can lock on the FJR? With an expensive bike like that, you don't want people putting things in your engine, like they did with my Varadero. I found sand in it. Engine seized up. Can't be going through that again.

Wow,

who did you piss off?

Capt. Bob

So give us a report on the Varadero please ! That's another bike they don't import into the USA. I think it'd give the beemer GS a run for its money if they imported it over here. I bet it'd dent the GS sales the way the FJR has taken a bite out of Beemers sales totals.

Do what I did.....for free.

Drill a small hole in the oil fill cap "handle" and safety wire it. If someone is going to take the time to cut and remove the safety wire they would likely also take the time to use pliers on a "locking" oil fill cap. Besides, you would instantly know it had been disturbed...

It needs to be safety wired anyway if you are going to do any track days so just do it now.

Drill a small hole in the oil fill cap "handle" and safety wire it. If someone is going to take the time to cut and remove the safety wire they would likely also take the time to use pliers on a "locking" oil fill cap. Besides, you would instantly know it had been disturbed...

It needs to be safety wired anyway if you are going to do any track days so just do it now.
Good idea, can you post any pictures?

If you are looking for a domestic source, check Here as well.
--G
Actually if you look at his location, this would actually be an import. ;)
Well OK, but WHA at least ships from your neck 'o the woods on this side of the pond....Now that is not to say, that you don't have to wait for the parts to arrive from overseas sometimes. :blink:

--G

Good idea, can you post any pictures?

Here you go..............

2003158935360367251_rs.jpg

I anchored the safety wire to the farkle bracket that protects the oil filter from a drop but you could also drill the adjacent bolt and use that as an anchor.

Free schmee. How much did the loaf of bread cost that you took the wire tie from?

It was day old bread from the thrift store....very manly bread though that had stainless steel wire holding it in... :lol: