Ojai ride Sunday July 1st

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok I have been stuck the house all week with contractors and will be ready for a nice spirited ride by the time Sunday gets here.

Times to follow.

whos is up for it.

Richard

Ok I have been stuck the house all week with contractors and will be ready for a nice spirited ride by the time Sunday gets here.Times to follow.

whos is up for it.

Richard
Here be the Route

101 Hwy to right on hwy 33 to left Hwy 166 Left on Tepusquet Rd ( Your goning to love this road) Left on Foxen Left on Hwy 154 left on hwy 192 runs into hwy 150 take a right past lake Casitas on Santa Ana Rd down to hwy 33 back to 101 South

Now what time and where we meeting

Jdog

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to Ojai? How about lunch at the Penny Bar in Mckittrick? Then, off for a casual lope west on Fiddy-Eight? Maybe that slouch Carver, can meet us there...

Meet me at the Chevron at Santa Monica exit in Carp.

Oi... I'll meet you at the 76 station in Ojai. :rolleyes:

Just to Ojai? How about lunch at the Penny Bar in Mckittrick? Then, off for a casual lope west on Fiddy-Eight? Maybe that slouch Carver, can meet us there...
I am up for the crossed out bit as well, early is good for me.

Don't know where it is but it works anyway.

R

I am up for the crossed out bit as well, early is good for me.

Don't know where it is but it works anyway.

R
Just north of the 33/58 turn. Google the joint. Entire bar is covered in pennies - even the ceiling! :blink:

Or, we could go to the Far Western in Guadalupe...

Jeezzz ahhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmm Ok that works for me to. 58 is a fricking awsome ride....got the twisties , Sweepers, long straight Speed runs, & the whoop-de-do's :good: Richard what time at the Chevron & 101 ?

Jdog

Wait, which way do you wanna go? Through Ojai, to 33 to 58 and south on 101 to home or blast up 101 to 58 to 33 to Ojai?

Oh, and I need to get a new rear tire spooned on Saturday or I'll be Strommin' it.

Wait, which way do you wanna go? Through Ojai, to 33 to 58 and south on 101 to home or blast up 101 to 58 to 33 to Ojai?

You lead we follow with the video cam rolling what do i care :yahoo:

Rib guy up front :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jdog

Jdog
Cool, I'll leave the fucking blinker on all friggin' day long, then! Oh, and I'll take the Strom and lead you wise-asses down Soda Lake Road. Nice views. ;)

:fuck:

Jdog
Cool, I'll leave the fucking blinker on all friggin' day long, then! Oh, and I'll take the Strom and lead you wise-asses down Soda Lake Road. Nice views. ;)

ok enough ribbing you guys.

How does O dark thirty sound.

Richard

Jdog

Richard

Ok great whats o dark thirty . 4,5,6,7,am shoot me a number i will be there

JD

Jdog

Richard

Ok great whats o dark thirty . 4,5,6,7,am shoot me a number i will be there

JD
I dont care you tell me.

Tim what time do you want to roll?

Richard

I suggest ya'll get started as early as possible, do the inland stuff in the cool of the morning, save the coast ride for the afternoon. It will be hot, and I've seen Richard at Death Valley.. :unsure:

I might be able to play this Sunday.. meet at the PennyBar?

0830 at the 76 Station in Ojai. Gas and go to get through the hot stuff as Carver suggests. Don, how about we meet you for lunch somewhere closer to Creston. Got a place?

I suggest ya'll get started as early as possible, do the inland stuff in the cool of the morning, save the coast ride for the afternoon. It will be hot, and I've seen Richard at Death Valley.. :unsure:
you are right Don, Me and heat dont get on too well.

this looks like a fun ride though. Microsoft streets and trips shows it as 263 mile from my house to Santa Margarita. YE HA

SundayJuly1st.gif

Richard

you are right Don, Me and heat dont get on too well.

this looks like a fun ride though. Microsoft streets and trips shows it as 263 mile from my house to Santa Margarita. YE HA

SundayJuly1st.gif

Richard
Dude get a camel pack and drink on the fly... Dehydration Sucks been there once feel over and my bike to fall on me.... I never ride with out water now.. It will get a bit warm this weekend up in Taft, But i guarantee the 58 is worth it Richard.

Yo TWN we got to get these guys on the 229 that road is a kick.

JD

You may want to consider riding Cero Noreste instead of 33 to 166...

Here's an overview map.

OjaitoSantaMargaritiaOVERVIEW.jpg

and a detail map

CerroNoreste.jpg

It only adds a few more miles on... and is comparable to 33 just outside of Ojai. As you can see it eleminates the straight boring section of 33 to 166... :yahoo:

At Pine Mountain Club is where I recall there is gas and foods, cold drinks but not positive. About 1/2 way up CN road is a nice stop.. Very scenic, kind of like looking out from Herringtons..

I'll have to wait and see what this Sunday holds for me.. Would like to meet you guys somewhere in the 33/166 range or if you decide to run the Cerro at Pine Mountain. Can't take the entire day but can give it hell from noon on.

And bring water. We are now officially into the hot summer season; expect at least 80's from about 11 on during the eastern part of the ride.

This was my first route using MapQuest. I'm going to attempt a download to the zumo mananna.

Richard and Gang,

Dang that looks like a long ride for us LA gang. But what the heck. I would be up for it. As long as I haven't been permanently put on the B list. Richard has invited me a couple of times and scheduling has not worked.

What time do you have to leave the South Bay/Long Beach to get to the meeting spot by 8:00am? 6:30 - 7:00am?